Monday, April 30, 2012

Beach Weekend

Randy and I got to spend the weekend in Wilmington.

Randy was in class the whole time:
Friday 7-10
Saturday 8-5
Sunday 8-12:30

I on the other hand was FREE!
The kids spent the weekend at the lake with Randy's parents!
THANK YOU GRAMMY AND PEPAW.....They had soooo much fun!
So did I!!!!

The City of Durham was paying for his class, his room, his mileage, a per diam for food....so it was a VERY inexpensive weekend!
Thank you City of Durham!
He did work all weekend....but I  sure did not!


Randy and I both got our undergraduates degree at UNCW.
We hadn't been to Wilmington in years though.....and boy oh boy has it changed.
So after having dinner with Randy, and another guy he works with that was also here for training, they headed off to class and I headed out on the town.
First I explored the campus!




It has grown so much!


That's my old dorm!

Randy and I got married my senior year at UNCW and he worked as a Manger Trainee at 84 Lumber and I worked as a Nanny for a surgeon and his wife.  They had 2 little girls.  His name was Dr. Payne!
Seriously!


This was their house.  It was huge and in a very exclusive neighborhood.  They were in the process of remodeling the inside so they rented a house on the beach while I was the Nanny so I split my time between the two houses.  I couldn't find the beach house.
So many memories!


Then I headed to the mall.
I bought a new bathing suit.  That was so depressing that I had to buy a new purse and get a pedicure to make myself feel better :)

I stayed until the mall closed and headed back to the hotel.
I am an introvert....so to say I enjoyed my alone time may be a gross understatement!

Saturday I slept in...and messed around on the computer....and took my time getting ready.
Then I headed out with hopes of going to the beach but it was really overcast.
So I went to Khols!
I got a few things for Sophie's upcoming birthday and I got a watch.  Mine has been broken forever!
It's nice to know the time again!
Then I drove around town some more.


This is me and Randy's first house!
It used to be yellow.
I LOVED THAT HOUSE!
Good Times!


I finally headed out to the beach around 11:00

I spent the next few hours....thinking....and.....reading.


It was wonderful.


It started out overcast....but it was bright and clear after a while.
I ended up a bit crispy!
It was so nice and relaxing though.


I had lunch at our favorite hangout..The Causeway Cafe
YUMMY!

Then I went back to the hotel.  Read some more.  Messed on the computer.  Got cleaned up.

When Randy got done with class we drove down to the river.
Walked along the river and through a few shops at the Cotton Exchange.
Drove all over town.
Finally found an off the beating path non-chain restaurant.
Halogen's Public House
It was so good!
Kind of a Bennett Point Grill feel to it.  Little hole in the wall neighborhood restaurant.  Good.
We talked and talked and talked and talked.
It was nice to have entire, deep conversations without interruptions.

Then we had to hit Krispy Kreme the HOT sign was on and Randy wanted to get a hat.

Sunday....Randy was back to class and I just packed up.  Took my time getting ready.  Had a nice quiet time.  Messed around on the computer.  Read....checked out and went to pick him up from his class.

We headed back to Durham.  We stopped for Lunch with his work buddy at Smithfield's.
It was fun meeting and spending time with one of the people Randy works with.  I enjoyed getting to know him.

We got home earlier then we had planned so Randy cut the grass and I went to the grocery store.
Bob and Ruth brought the kids home around 7:00 and we got to hear all about their fun weekend.

I had such a good weekend!





4 comments: