Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Days go slow but the Years go Fast.....

"The Days go Slow....but the Years Go Fast"

I had this quote that I heard from my Mama posted on my refrigerator for YEARS.  I love this quote.  It is soooooo true.  It brought me so much encouragement when my kids were all bitty.  When Audrey was a newborn, and Jackson and Lydia were 13 months old, and Sophie was 4, and Andrew was 9......I was worn out.

Some days felt like they would literally NEVER end.  Diapers......feedings......laundry........baths.......screaming.....messes........exhaustion.......NEVER ENDING! 

Yet....it has.....

My kids don't wear diapers....the bottles are gone.....they pretty much bathe themselves...they sleep!
There are certainly still hard days....for sure....fighting.....fussing......timeouts.....temper tantrums.....sin......
But it is a different kind of hard.

The days are not as excruciatingly long as they were not so very long ago.....

Now they are busy.....classes, activities, parties, errands, events.....

As I thought about that quote today.....I realized the years do go fast.  Very fast.  4 more years and Andrew is done with high school.....4 more years with him under my roof and then my influence in the daily sense.....will be over.  WOW.....not much longer.  4 years is nothing. Audrey is almost 5.....and it seems like she was born just yesterday!

It is wonderful watching them grow and mature and yet it is fleeting.  The hard and never ending days....are going to end. 

Yes Mama was so right...."The days do go slow....but the years go so very fast!"

No comments:

Post a Comment