Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pondering Passages

So this week Shay's Pondering Passages was on Hebrews 10-19-25

Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,  by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body,  and since we have a great priest over the house of God,  let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.  Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.  And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.  Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

This passage was very encouraging to me this week.  It is amazing to me how when I am pondering on a passage the Lord NEVER fails to use it to speak to me in a very personal way AND how throughout the week I see/experience things that remind me of the pondering.
Just this week in worship on Sunday morning we sang a song and one of the lines of the song was "Jesus tore the veil" and I immediately thought of this passage and how Christ opened the curtain.  Every time I hear this phrase I have an almost physical reaction.  I am so filled with joy.  I LOVE that he tore the veil....WHY?  As I pondered this part of the passage I realized that there are several things I love about it. 

When Christ tore the veil.....it is a physical.....fairly radical.....and definitely brash show of his power.  He is literally throwing out the old way....the ritual.....the law....and saying here is a new way!  YOU ARE FREE!  Freedom is so appealing to me.  I don't want to be in bondage to rules and regulations....but to this Jesus who tore open the way with his very body and life so that I could walk in freedom....to him I will gladly be in bondage!  He is also saying YOU can come to ME....without a priest....without a preacher.....without a Rabbi.....without a teacher......I can go to THE Rabbi.....directly.....personally.....whenever and WHEREVER I want!  THE ruler of the the whole universe.  I can't go to the President with my troubles....I can't go to the Governor with my concerns....I can't go to the Mayor with my hearts desires.....but I CAN talk to the Creator of the UNIVERSE the KiNG oF KINGS....with whatever I want....Whenever I want and HE wants to talk to me.  He wants to relate to me.  He wants to hear me.  Not only does he want to and not only is he available....he designed the setup....he tore the veil so I could come to him.  AMAZING LOVE!

Sorry....I get a bit carried away!  LOVE ME SOME JESUS!

I could go on and on....but one more thing that really spoke to me is HIS Faithfulness.  It is part of his character.  It does not say he can be faithful.  It says we can hold to him and hope in him because HE IS FAITHFUL!  Hallelujah!  Faithfulness is a good quality!

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!
Off to read Shay's blog
Kim


1 comment:

  1. Really enjoy reading how the Lord speaks to you through the same passage I'm reading. You do a great job of articulating your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete