Thursday, August 4, 2011

After School Fun

One of my goals this year is to not schedule much during the school day.  In the past we've had speech, appointments, visits to Nanny's etc. that would often take place during school hours and we would rearrange our school day or just call it a day.  In my old age :)  and with my recent influx of students I am becoming less flexible and accommodating!

So our afternoons are often filled with appointments.  Yesterday as soon as we finished school we headed off to spend the next 3 hours at the dentist!  We also spent $750!  6 cleanings and one set of X-rays is not cheap! YIKES!!!!  That is why my kids only get to go once a year!  Unfortunately we have to go again next week....Randy is due is annual cleaning and TWINKIE BOY had a cavity!  I was so upset! None of my kids had ever had a cavity.....I'm not terribly surprised though, because I do have to fight him to brush his teeth....come to think of it I actually have to fight him to do pretty much anything :/ !  However, that is another story! So anyway next week will be another $250......but that is okay.....It won't be due again until next year and hopefully by then we will have dental insurance!!!  A girl can dream :)

ANYWAY....I did of course get some pictures!  Say Aaaaaaaaah!  My sweet Twinkie Boy
I must say he is being much more cooperative with brushing today!
Reportedly, the BOY is doing a good job with his cleaning, especially with having braces!

TWINKIE GIRL got an A+ on her brushing!

(surprise, surprise!)
And this is the reason I go to my dentist....

LOVE me some Kelly!
THE GIRL also got a good report...they said she has been doing a much better job on brushing!

yeah!
And it was THE BABY's first cleaning.....

She was soooooo EXCITED!

No problems at all...she hopped right up and LOVED it!  Her teeth were also nice and clean!
So we all got new toothbrushes, new floss, new toothpaste, and the little ones got a sticker and a prize from the treasure chest!!!!
oh and they hooked THE BOY up with some special flosser things to make flossing with braces easier!
So 3 hours later (and a lot broker) we headed out all nice and shiny.....and that is how we spent our afternoon!
I thought I was there a long time....until I met a lady in the waiting room who was the Mom to 11 and although she only had herself and one of her sons (her children were all grown) there for a cleaning I heard about how she would come when her children were young and they would be there ALL day!
Whew....can't imagine that bill.....I just hope they had dental insurance!




No comments:

Post a Comment