Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happy Anniversary


I don't remember meeting Randy, we were about 4 evidently, but by about age 8 or so I do remember him.  I thought he was so funny!
I still do!
Who could resist his charm?

Who knew all those years ago these two crazy kids would grow up, fall in love and get married?
Randy and I were really good friends in high school.
We were in youth group together at RBC.


We dated briefly, about 3 months, in high school and then he went off to college in Florida and broke up with me.
However, his time in Florida was short lived so a few months later he was back in Durham where we resumed our friendship.
We started dating again in collage.

After a couple years of dating.....WE GOT ENGAGED!
Who let these to kids get engaged?????  We were BABIES!!!!
We were engaged about 8 months and we got married!

August 10, 1996
15 years ago!  Wow that seems like a long time ago!
It's gone by fast though and for the most part been really wonderful!
We both graduated from collage after getting married!


We had a baby!

and another
and another

and a couple more

and just one more

and life has just kept on going on.
There have been so many happy times.
So many moments of joy.
So many memories.
There have also been heartbreaks.
Difficult decisions.
Tough times.
Disappointments.....
We may have empty pockets...
but our arms are full!

I adore my family!
I thank God for the blessing Randy has been to my life!
I am so glad we are on this adventure together!!!!
Can't wait to see what the next 15 years hold!

Love,
Kim






5 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary to you both! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post! so sweet- happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok absolutely love this post. I was sent over here by Kathy Abby. I am just beginning my homeschooling journey and feel way out of my league. I also just became a SAHM to my two children (4 & 2) and baby #3 is coming in November. Crazy I know. I'd love to connect with you sometime though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer....I just checked out your blog! Love it! Love to connect sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guessing you meant Jessica???? :) I'll blame it on the rough day you posted about earlier. hee hee I don't see a way to contact you privately - I have an email on my blog andtheycallherblessed (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete