Sunday, September 19, 2010

Where did the weekend go?

Well....it's late Sunday night and the weekend is gone.  I am wondering where it went?  Monday is just a few hours away and I feel very unprepared for the week ahead.  I am feeling spent, empty, sad, unprepared, and like I have nothing to offer those who need me this week.....

I hate feeling this way....but I am what I am :)

I am just trusting that God can do something....because I cannot.

I know part of the problem is I'm tired:  So I need to get some rest and I'm sure everything will look better in the morning!  I know part of the problem is I haven't been eating well or exercising enough this week...so I'm in a funk!  So even though I don't feel like it I'm going to set the alarm....and I'm going to get up and workout tomorrow morning and get back to eating healthy.

I know part of it is that I have been giving out a lot and haven't spent enough time alone with the Lord.  So as soon as I'm done blogging I'm going to read a few verses and "fill my cup". 

I know I'm sad....because Joan died, and her family is hurting, and a lot of people I love are moving away (Pastor, Scarlet, Jason, and Charity) so I'm just going to have to be sad :( for a little while.  I am happy though that they are all walking with the Lord....I'm just sad for me :(

I'm unprepared because I have about 10 loads of laundry I should have folded this weekend and put away that is littering my floor along with a very dirty van that is going to be driving 7 kids tomorrow morning....I know I shouldn't care  and stress so much about things that don't matter, but I hate for other people to have to ride in my dirty van.  I need to shovel it out so they will fit! 

My prayer is that God will fill me and that I will be emptied of myself.  I pray I will focus on people and loving and investing and not on things and cleaning and impressing.  I am so thankful that God allowed me the privilege of sharing a season of my life with Joan, Pastor, Scarlet, Jason, and Charity.  I am a better person for knowing them all.

Now off to fill my cup and fold my laundry :)
I can't believe I am posting this picture....but I'm just trying to keep it real.  When I say I have laundry to fold all over my floor I mean....I have laundry to fold all over my floor (plus there is one in the washer and the dryer).....YEP I am unprepared!

Night!

YAY!  I finished this!  Now the kids just have to put their stuff away in the morning!
Feeling better already :)

3 comments:

  1. Just love you Sweetie! Love how well you express yourself and love that you know the Truth & walk in it and love that you have your priorities in order! Just love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I really love your dirty, then clean pictures!! Makes me want to go straighten up!! There's just something about order, isn't there? Even for those of us who are naturally messy! I hope this week goes better than you think and that your prayers are answered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Holly! You make me smile. The kids LOVED seeing ya'll Saturday.

    ReplyDelete