Thursday, September 2, 2010

Our First Co-op for the 2010-2011 School Year!!!

Co-op began again today.  In case you don't know me well I'll let you in on a little secret.  I LOVE our Co-op.  It is a HUGE blessing to me and to my kids and to their education.  It is also however a LOT of work. Our Co-op is made up of 14 families: Including 6 preschoolers, 6 1st-2nd graders, 4 3rd-6th graders, 8 7th-8th graders, 6 9th-10th graders, and 6 11th-12th graders.
 I started last night preparing for today (not my lessons....they were planned long ago....just my preparing to get out the door).  We packed the 3 little ones backpacks with a change of clothes and they each got to pick out one toy to bring.  The BOY had his backpack and books packed and also had to bring his guitar, computer, basketball shoes, and Gatorade.  The GIRL has been ready for weeks.  Bookbag packed and re-packed several times.  Let me tell you the apple did not fall far from the tree with The GIRL.  Then....I loaded my things.  We also picked out our clothes and had them all laid out and ready to go.  So you can imagine my surprise when I was up by 6:30 and proceeded to shower, do makeup and hair,dole out cereal for breakfast, make sure everyone was dressed with shoes on, make 6 lunches, get the van loaded, kids buckled and be pulling out of the driveway by 8:40....AND WE WERE STILL LATE!!!  Yep....My van was on empty, I forgot to feed myself, AND we had to go back home for THE BABY'S blanket.  We were only 4 minutes late.....but still....LATE! 

Co-op was fast, fun, and exhausting:
This year I am an assistant for the Preschool Bible/Music Hour
Teacher for the Elementary History Class
Teacher for the Preschool Art Class
and
Assistant for the Middle School Art Class

THE BOY is taking
Devotional
Geography
Lunch
Spanish
Writing
Has a free period: in which he has to do a Math Lesson and Practice Guitar (he has this because we are doing a different History program then what the Co-op is doing)
Art
and right after Co-op he has Basketball Open Gym for an hour and a half.

THE GIRL is taking
Devotions
World History Ancient Times
Art
Lunch
Music
Science
PE
Manners
Playtime


THE TWINKIES and THE BABY are taking
Devotions and Music
History
PE
Lunch
Art
Science
Literature
Playtime



Everyone was so happy to be back at Co-op and to be able to visit with our friends again!  Thursdays are long and a lot of work but it sure is fun and definitely worth it!  Now I have got to go to bed because tomorrow morning will be here soon!
Sweet Dreams!
Kim

5 comments:

  1. Whew! That tired me out just reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Kim! You're investing so well and wisely in your children's lives. It is and will pay bid dividends in case you ever wonder! Blessings to you & Randy and all your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I did not know that you are a poet. I love your kids - tell them that Crazy Shay said "Hi".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will Shay! They love you too! Thanks Mama (I do sometimes wonder)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're blogging again! Yay! Love to hear about your life. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete