Saturday, September 11, 2010

Co-op

Well I thought I'd share a little about Co-op on Thursday because it is such an important part of our schedule.  First off I must confess we were late....AGAIN....this time 5 minutes late because I ran out of ink in the printer really late on Wednesday night and decide not to run to the store....but leave early the next morning and stop at my Dad's office (I tried to call Dad but didn't get an answer and figured you wouldn't mind) and use his copy machine.....and guess what....I didn't leave early enough!

I started Co-op with the little ones and really enjoyed watching them listen to their Bible stories, sing their songs, and color.  They start the day out so excited to be together.

Then I headed to the elementary where we were learning about Nomads and how they began to settle once they discovered that seeds falling on the ground would grow crops and that they could plant food and turn from being Nomads into farmers.  So we were discussing how they would build homes from what they had around.  We tried our hand at building our own little village.  Boy it was hard!  Much harder then we thought it would be...but we had fun!


This Thursday was extra special because Daddy met us for lunch at co-op!  Unfortunately I didn't get a picture but he really was here.  The first time in 3 years....but it was really nice to have him stop by.  All the kids loved seeing him (and so did I)

After lunch I had a little break and got setup for art.  I again didn't get any pictures but we sure did keep busy.  The preschoolers made a glue/powder paint picture.  They were messy but they turned out nicely.  Now a question.....
What do you guys suggest.  The TWINKIE BOY (who is 4) has had a meltdown...kicking, screaming, crying....both weeks during art.  I think it bothers him that I am sharing my time/attention with other kids besides him and his sisters.  I'm not sure what is going on or how to handle it.  It is very disrupting and I'm really hoping this doesn't become a problem.  My assistant is great and she took him out and he calmed down, came back, and apologized....but I'm not sure what is going on.  My assistant suggested making him my helper and letting him hand out things, demonstrate things, etc.  So I started doing that and it did seem to help....I'll see how it goes next week.



Here is a picture of one of our wonderful teachers doing science with the preschoolers.  They all love their puppet friend "Dr. Mommy"



How cute are the little scientist in their lab coats!

I'll try to take more pictures next week!
Sorry!

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures and a great window into your life. Love it! Hope you all are feeling well now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so much better! Thanks mom! Looking forward to getting back on track with Crossfit this week! I didn't go at all last week :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about Jackson's fits! Wish I had some ideas. Joshua hadn't had a fit in probably 6-9 months until recently and now they have resurfaced a few times and Gray's are back with a vengeance! It's so hard to know what's going on with them. My only strategy is to try to get them to talk instead of scream and if I know what is bothering them, to make them say it in calm words. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Holly! I do get really frusterated....because I think we are through with the temper tantrums and such and then....it's back....in the middle of a lesson I'm trying to teach....complete with an audience! I'm praying for wisdom because I really am at a loss....I can't even tell what is triggering it! But something must be because they are happening at co-op and only in the classes I teach!

    ReplyDelete