Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Provision

I've been thinking a lot about provision the last few months.  Randy lost his job about 3 months ago.  There has been a loss of financial provision.  That loss brings about lots of fear, questions and insecurities.  However,  one thing the Lord has shown me is HIS provision.  This change in financial provision has allowed Randy to provide for us in other ways.

The last 5 years have been very difficult years in many ways.  They have also been very wonderful years filled with precious moments and memories.  If you know us you know we have 5 children.  Five years ago we were expecting our 5th child and had infant twins.  Our older 2 children were still very young(9 and 3) .  Unless you've had a lot of little kids at one time it is difficult to understand the demands, stress, exhaustion....that our family setup entailed.  It has been tough.  I feel like I'm just now really coming up for air.  These last 5 years have been a blur.  They demanded a lot from me.  I was able to give very little outside my home just in an effort to survive and focus on my primary ministry...my family.  I just had little left to give.

ANYWAY....I have been thinking lately, as I think about the Wilford's and empathize with their current situation, how much the Lord filled in the holes.  I didn't realize how much I did or how hard it was while I was living it because there was no time to think only time to function and get through the next day.  However on this side I see how faithful the Lord has been.  I also see how exhausted I have been! 

So what does this have to do with Randy and his job?

The Lord is giving me rest....... and I had no idea how exhausted I was!

I have been TIRED!  I am grateful for the rest!  Things are still busy.  I still have plenty to do.  I would certainly welcome this "break" to end with Randy finding a job......BUT I can see how even when things look bad and when life is not how I would choose the Lord can use the bad for good.  He can use the down times as blessings.  This loss also carries with it "his mercies in disguise".

The Lord is teaching, pruning, and growing us during this season....but he is also giving me rest.
Randy is providing for me and our children in ways he couldn't when he was at work all day.  While Randy and I are both VERY eager for his financial provision to return in the form of a career.....I am also very grateful for how he has wisely used this "time out".  He not only is faithful in seeking employment and taking opportunities to make money while he looks for a job but he has also picked up a tremendous amount of my work load. 
He does all the laundry.
He does the dishes regularly.
He keeps kids so I can take other kids to their activities without having to take all the kids.
He cooks several meals a week.
He has even taught a few classes for me when I had other responsibilities.

I am grateful God gave me Randy.  I am grateful I have a husband who provides however he is able in each season of life.  He has provided very well and very faithfully for us through the years financially.  Now when he is not able to do as much financially he has willingly and generously provided for us in more practical/physical ways.  He has always provided for us lavishly in love, time, leadership, faithfulness.....What a blessing he is to my life.  So grateful the Lord provided me and my sweet kiddos with such an amazing man!
So grateful the Lord has a plan.  So grateful his plan is not mine.  Wow-my life would look very different and it would not have nearly the joy or the purpose that it has if the script of my life was my own.  So glad his plans are not mine!
Happy Tuesday!
Kim

1 comment:

  1. You know, I remember you talking many times about how laundry was such a burden and problem that you wanted to get under control and though, like you said, you wouldn't have asked for Randy to be jobless, it is really neat to see how the Lord answers prayers in unexpected ways in unexpected times! He really sees you and wants to bless you, even when you don't know what he's doing in the bigger picture!

    ReplyDelete