Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What Do You Do All Day?

Well....Here it is.....The question I am probably asked the most...."What do you do all day ?" "We've seen your schedule....we know what the kids do....but what do you do?".....

I never know what to say....because it goes by really fast....and I know I do things....actually a lot...but I'm never quite sure what....so here my friends is what I did today:

6:27 Jump out of bed late.....run to schoolroom because I didn't fill boxes last night.

6:30 Fill workboxes, eye catches laminater (never good....I love to laminate) start laminating a new counting book I made for the preschoolers last night.  TWINKIE GIRL wakes up.  Talk/hang out with her  a little while finishing up school prep.

7:38 Read a Psalm, make coffee, take dog out, get coffee, wake up the rest of the kids, start jotting down things I know we need at the grocery store.

7:53 Breakfast-cereal, banana, milk or OJ (x6)

8:03 Start a load of dishes

8:13 Check emails, Check facebook.

8:24 Get dressed, brush teeth, dress THE BABY, Change THE TWINKIE BOY (he dressed himself....but didn't match and we had to leave the house today.) sorted through my ever present laundry mountain and grabbed all the dish towels I could find and all the kids clothes.  Folded and put away dish towels (it was necessary....I was completely out) and sent THE BOY upstairs with the kids clothes.  I KNOW I NEED A LAUNDRY SYSTEM.....IT IS A MAJOR ISSUE....UGH


8:38 Read devotions with 4 youngest (THE BOY does his own).  Worked on verses for Cubbies and Sparks.  Did speech homework with THE TWINKIE BOY.

8:58 Kids Start workboxes and I help as needed.  Put Vasaline on THE BABY'S runny nose.  Went over preschoolers workboxes explaining what to do, Proofread THE BOY'S writing assignment and went over a few problems with it.  Explained some of THE GIRL'S workboxes.

10:18 Opened string cheese for THE BABY and THE TWINKIE BOY, Helped THE TWINKIE GIRL put on her shoes (they are her hard pair to get on) helped THE BABY find her shoe, Grabed stuff to take to speech, yelled for everyone to get in car and buckle up!!!

10:29 Jump in car and race to speech which starts at 10:30.  Started to pray some on the way there (I pray in my car a lot...WITH MY EYES OPEN) and then got distracted....and never finished praying.

10:40 Speech.  I play sight word Bingo with THE GIRL, while THE TWINKIE GIRL attaches paperclips (fine motor??) THE BABY colors, TWINKIE BOY works on Speech, and THE BOY does Spanish homework.

11:17 Back home make lunch: Tuna sandwich with chocolate chip cookie (I know....not the healthiest x6) while listening to CMT and telling THE BOY to Walk the dog and take out the trash and telling THE GIRL to give water to the dog.  And telling everyone to grab a drink pouch (and referring fights over who gets which and trying to help or not help the kids that need help opening them but don't want it...????)

11:31 Lunch is ready.  Turn on Price is Right 2nd half and watch it and eat in front of TV (WE NEVER DO THIS BUT WE ARE ALL COMING DOWN with something I think....and needed a little comfort and it reminds me of when I was a kid and would watch it at my grandma's house while having lunch)  I also checked emails and facebook during this break.

12:00 Listened to THE GIRL read

12:16 Math lesson with THE GIRL
          letter 'a' work with the 3 little ones
          Read Chapter of Mr. Poppers Penguins to THE GIRL.
          Quick walk through of den/foyer/kitchen picking up random things and tossing them in the general direction they belong in.

    DADDY SIGHTING.....he brings check home and asks me if I mind taking it to the bank because he is kinda busy :)....And doesn't have a deposit slip with him. NO PROBLEM....Gotta LOVE HIM!  Kids bouncing off walls excited to see daddy bear!

1:13 ROOMTIME...............Angels sing......QUIET REIGNS!!!!!
       Checked my favorite blogs, emails, facebook, and voicemails
        Returned phone call
        Finished Co-op planning
        Jotted down menu for week
      Finished Grocery List

2:15 Roomtime is over. Get girls dressed for gymnastics, pack Sparks and Cubbie Bags, Get Daddy's Check, Fill out Deposit Slip, Shoes for all, Stuff for boys to do at gymnastics, Tell THE BOY to brush his teeth extra carefully,  Rush everyone to car.

3:01 Leave for Bank
Get stuck in road construction on  Rose of Sharon and on Hillandale Road
Bank won't take check because it is dated for tomorrow.....it's now 3:24 and gymnastics starts in 6 minutes.  Thinking (out loud) maybe we should ditch the rest of our plans for the day and go home?????  Girls screaming NO!!!!  (memo to self....don't think out loud) So race to gymnastics.....7 minutes late.

3:40 Hang out with THE TWINKIE BOY.  Really enjoy the time with him.  Such a sweetie.  THE BOY finishes up his schoolwork and then messes with his iPod (love him too)

4:20 Leave gymnastics (10 minutes early) for THE BOY'S oral surgery follow up appointment :/ 

4:29 Arrive (score!  1 minute early!!!!) send THE BOY to check himself in.  Change the girls from their gymnastics clothes in the parking lot (well actually in the van which is in the parking lot) Rush into a packed waiting room and cringe!  Sit for only about 10 minutes (during which time we play about 15 rousing rounds of eye spy)and they called us back.  The doctor came right in checked out THE BOY right as THE BABY began screaming at the top of her lungs....I HAVE A BOOGER STUCK IN MY NOSE (repeat 851 times at the top of her lungs)  She had been a perfect angel until the moment the doctor stepped his foot into the room. The kind old doctor saw my desperation and quickly dismissed us!!!  THANK YOU!!!

4:51 Skid into different branch of bank.  THEY don't care about the date on the check!!!  THANK YOU!

5:00 HOT AND READY LITTLE CAESARS.....meal deal and extra pizza.  THANK YOU!!!!

5:17 Home

5:23 Dinner minus Daddy :( He almost ALWAYS has dinner with us...but he has a bid tomorrow and had to do a few more take offs.

5:35 check emails and facebook.

5:42 Get everyone ready for church.  Give THE BOY instructions for the evening (he wasn't going to church he was meeting up with his Odyssey of the Mind Team to watch a movie at a friends house.....THANKS BEV for DRIVING HIM!!!)

5:58 Leave for church
   Drop kids off in their classes
   Ahhhhh.....Have an adult conversation with Marci....LOVE HER.....and got to talk briefly to Shay as well....WOW!  Two grown up, uninterrupted conversations in less then half an hour!

6:57 Sit down in Church....YAWNED a lot....evidently I'm tired.  It was a perfect service for me to hear....all about what to do when you don't feel adequate.  So glad I got to hear it!

8:00 Picked kids up from their classes, loaded van, headed home.

8:27 DADDY....he's sick :(....asleep on the couch.....fever, cold....YUCK!  Get kids in PJ's, Kiss kids, Call to check on THE BOY and see if I need to pick him up or if he has a ride (AGAIN THANK YOU BEV!)
Leave for Walmart
Walmart for Groceries, a few school supplies, and black shoes for THE GIRL and THE TWINKIE GIRL...and some other stuff I'm sure I forgot because I LEFT MY LIST AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UGH

9:58  Home to unload groceries....THE BOY is back and offers to help!!!! WOW!!!  I take him up on that.  Then tell him to pack his stuff up for co-op.  Kiss him and send him to bed.  Check on Randy.

10:23 Get some of my stuff ready for co-op and wonder if we will even be at co-op or if the kids will be too sick to go....and what to do....can't call anyone at this hour???
Unload dishwasher and do another load of dishes.
Check emails and facebook

11:00 Blog!

11:23  I'm going to spell check, check emails and facebook one more time, Post this and head back to bed....
I don't write this out for people to tell me how much I do.....Most days I don't do this much....Wednesday's are busy days.  Most Wednesdays I do this but finish earlier because Randy stays at church with the kiddos while I grocery shop.  I just think mom's in general do so much and it is really hard to put what we do into words....it's random and constant and often seems menial but one thing my Mama has taught me is that whatever you are doing big or small the Lord is watching and it does mater.  So if I'm wiping boogers (I know gross...but hey it's where I am right now) or rushing to the bank or loading dishes.....what is my attitude (not always the best I must admit) God is refining me....and he uses my sweet children and patient husband more then anything else in that process!  I AM busy but So Are You!!!  When you begin to wonder what you do all day....write it down....I bet you'll be surprised!  We can all get a lot done....I just want to make sure my attitude is reflecting the Lord....not frustration, impatience, irritation.....AH....I am so a work in progress :)
Love you all....I'm going to BED!  Sweet Dreams!

9 comments:

  1. Love the fact that Randy asked you to go to the bank for him. Now there is a man who is secure in his wife's love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everyone is feeling well this morning....take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kim, wow. YOU, my friend, are a great example. Just think you should know that! Love you!

    --Charity

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a great mom, Kim. It was a joy to spend time with your BOY. Sorry to hear you are all feeling sick. Hope you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, Your blog is great- you are so honest & I love that as I was getting stressed out reading this particular post, I realized you were not complaining about any of it! Awesome example. Hope your family feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better, all you Stewarts!! I have to tell myself when I think that life with lots of kids into lots of activities seems impossible, that it's one day at a time, right? You didn't have no kids and then suddenly 5 kids with a million things to do everyday! Otherwise I read about your day and say, "AH! That's going to be me in a few years and I can't do it!" But I don't have to worry about that today, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. my. goodness! You are one busy lady... and you forgot to say "Wake-up and do it all again tomorrow" ;) I really admire you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing Sweetie! I love you and am grateful for you my dear! What a great mom,wife, daughter, friend! You make the energizer bunny look slack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ya'll are each such an encouragement to me. Thank you! Shay you make me laugh! He is definitely secure in my love :) Holly....it definitely comes on gradually. I would advice putting off the activities as long as possible and then being very selective....because it is like a tidal wave....all the sudden it just overtakes your time. You are an amazing mom Holly. I was telling Lisa (from co-op) about how great you were and what a great fit you would be in the co-op.....don't short change yourself girl! Love you all

    ReplyDelete