Monday, November 8, 2010

Mama


This post is actually a little early....because Mama's Birthday isn't until Wednesday.....BUT I got up early and just had a chance to celebrate with her yesterday so I thought I would go ahead and post. 

I adore my Mama.  She has been an outstanding, godly, example for me my entire life and was a great mom....and  as hard as it is for me to believe she is an even better grandma!  So for her birthday this year I really wanted to do something special that would create a memory for us.  I am fortunate enough to live very close to my Mom and she is very involved  with my children and in our lives BUT.....I don't get to see her enough without all the kiddos interrupting and don't get to REALLY talk to her enough.  So.....I'd heard her mention that the Washington Duke has an afternoon tea that she had always wanted to go to and I thought that would make the perfect gift for my tea loving Mama......



So yesterday afternoon, after close to a week of being housebound, due to strep throat, I got to escape for a few hours and have wonderful tea, and treats, and most wonderful of all TALK with my Mama....just the two of us.  I did feel a bit guilty because it was as much a gift to me as it was to her BUT I REALLY enjoyed her.



We had all sorts of delicious girl food from cucumber sandwiches to pumpkin bread to chocolate dipped strawberries....YUMMY!
We didn't have room for it all.....they brought out scones after this tray....and we had to ask them to package them for Mama to take home.....TOO many treats!

As if that were not enough.....they even brought Mama a special slice of birthday cake!  Which we just had to sample....It was delicious!

But as lovely as the tea was, and as beautiful as the setting was, and as delicious as the food was, my favorite part was getting to break away for a few hours and just celebrate Mama and what a blessing she is too me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA!  I LOVE YOU!!! 



Life and reality were awaiting when I returned home.  It seems THE TWINKIE BOY has come down with the YUCKY strep bug too :(  UGH.....now just praying sweet TWINKIE GIRL can somehow escape and sooo THANKFUL that the rest of us are sooooo much better!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kim! What a wonderful tribute! I loved being with YOU yesterday! A real treasure to have time to relax and enjoy your company in such lovely surroundings. Yummy goodies! I do want to take Sophie sometime in the future. She'd love it! I felt so pampered! Thank you for making one of my desires a reality! You are such a love! Thank you for your kindness and generosity. You are beautiful sweet Kim! I love you!!
    Do hope Jackson gets well soon & everyone is healthy.

    ReplyDelete