Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bloggers Block

I have not written in a while.....because.....I don't know what to write about.  I have a case of bloggers block :).  Life has been clipping right along here.  Nothing extraordinarily exciting to post and nothing overly weighing on my mind, which is rare being the mental case that I am :)

So.....I  do feel like I should post something......

This past week was a little different because our school load has been lighter.  Not doing any grammar, reading, writing, or spelling with THE GIRL has freed up a LOT of time.....so we've read more books and I've been training in her new tutoring program and we've snuggled more and been working on my laundry issues....

OH.......Now I am excited!!!!  I think I may be on the verge of a laundry breakthrough....This is what I'll blog about.....see I knew if I started rambling something would break the bloggers block!!!

Friday....my WONDERFUL sister in law came over with her 3 little ones to have a play date.  The kids all played so nicely and I had so much fun chatting with Holly that I forgot to take any pictures :(  and she has REALLY cute kids!!!! 


This is her oldest with TWINKIE BOY (but it's from a different day)

This is her Baby whom my GIRL adores!



We were just hanging out chatting about the important issues in life and of course my constant laundry problem came up as we talked and do you know what??  She helped me develop a plan!!!

It is sooo simple....get ready....this may change my life....Here it is....
THE PLAN.....
MAKE THE KIDS DO IT!!!!

Is that a plan or what?  I knew I had all these kids for some reason!  So when Holly left I put the plan into action......after sorting Mount Foldmore into piles for each of the kids....I made them all (except THE BABY because she was asleep) carry their baskets up and I made them put their clothes away.....which THE BOY always does and THE GIRL always does her fold up clothes.....but Friday.....thanks to Holly's encouragement I tackled the problems that have kept me in laundry bondage.
1.  THE GIRL and THE TWINKIES can't reach their hangers.....so THE BOY now is in charge of going to each of their rooms before laundry put away time each day and getting down hangers for them. 
2.  THE TWINKIES can't hang up their pants (they can't get the little clippers open on the hangers)......so I'm going to move all their pants to their drawers which will solve not only the hang up pants issue....but also the get dressed by themselves in the morning issue (because they could never reach their pants.....and now they can!)
3. THE MAMA likes things to be in the RIGHT category and hung neatly.....the best I can come up with on this is THE MAMA is going to have to let this go.....or spend my life in bondage to the washing machine.
4. THE laundry is never done.  While I think it will still never be done...my sister in law did suggest that I get the kids their own hampers and let them put their dirty clothes in that instead of always having a huge pile for me to look at in the laundry room.  That way it is not always in my face. 
5. Holly also suggested making sure they are putting only dirty clothes in the hamper.  Which I think may not be what is always happening.  Several of my children have been known to change several times a day....dirty or not!  Guess they will get more practice hanging!
5.  To eliminate THE PILE that is always in my room my sweet friend Emma, who is in my co-op, says to get a basket for each child, unload straight from the dryer to their basket and then send them to put them away.....which as Holly pointed out will take some time.....and that means....I get a break! 
6. To make sure they do a good job.  I'm going to sit in the loft and fold towels and socks while they hang up their clothes and I'm going to check and make sure they do a good job and they are going to keep at it until they do!
I am liking the plan....
So today I caught up on hanging up our clothes and matching up a million pairs of socks and when THE BABY gets up from her nap today I'm going to teach her how to hang up clothes.

Then....I need 6 laundry baskets for their rooms (we own no hampers) and 2 more laundry baskets for them to tote their clothes in (I already have 4) and then I need to get down all the little ones pants and put them in their drawers and then I must be VERY consistent and DAILY about making them put them away.  I think this laundry thing may end up being MISSION POSSIBLE!!!!   THANK YOU HOLLY (and Emma)

Laundry....may have just turned from the bane of my existence into a blessing.....I will let you know.....I do have hope on the laundry horizon.  I will definitely keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. Just saw this, Kim. I'm glad that it helped you so much to talk about it and get a plan! You really have plenty to do and lots of little elves that I think can really help once they get the hang of it. Hope you will get a break from your laundry woes!!

    ReplyDelete