Sunday, August 30, 2015

Tow-Maters

Oh my word.  I have the BEST friends on EARTH.  Sorry.  But really I do.  One of my all time favorites just celebrated her birthday and so we decided to have a 2-hour delay at The Home Builders Academy and go to the farm to celebrate!

It was last minute and it was totally casual and it was exactly the best thing to do.  We ALL loved it!

 



My other bestie Kellie came too and she got MUCH better pictures...my camera (is my phone) drives me CrAZy!  One day....I'm gonna get a real camera!  Until then I will try my best to stop complaining!  Anyhoo---

We ate and we sang and we talked.  The kids played.

It was lovely.  We went out to dinner later that week to have a more proper celebration that included husbands and babysitters.  So that was fun!

Julia would not hear of us leaving without tomatoes.  So we both left with bags full!  Julia keeps my family well fed.  Honey, Eggs, Jams, Pies, Berries, Muscadines.....she truly spoils us!  This time was tomatoes and jalapenos, and basil.  All fresh from the farm.

Let me just say we will be singing her praises for some time. 

Breakfast has been scrambled eggs with fresh tomatoes and basil and a sprinkle of feta cheese.

Lunch has been BLT with her delicious tomatoes and a few leaves of basil for added flavor.

My freezer is stocked with Homemade Parmesan and Tomato Soup.
 
I Just have to warm it up and add the cream and the Parmesan.  Hello Fall!

My fridge is stocked with homemade salsa.  We had the salsa on our chicken tacos last night, its my friend Anna's recipe, and oh. my. goodness.  I could eat it by the spoonful.  It did have some kick with those jalapenos.

YUMMY....

And guess what....I still have more tomatoes....so today I'm going to can some tomato sauce!


What a blessing Julia is to my kitchen, my family, and my heart.

Love her.

However, I'm also just really thankful for friendship.  The living of life together.  The walking through the good and the bad.  Friendship is such a sweet gift from God.  We share recipes, time, tears, and truth.  Love that I have been so richly blessed with good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment