Thursday, August 20, 2015

Oh NO!

My sweet friend Kellie told a new friend Sara over a hot bowl of oatmeal early one morning as we were grasping to hold on to summer which was quickly waning, "Kim requires a certain level of authenticity in her relationships."

For some reason I keep thinking about her statement. 

People often say I'm sweet....nope. 

People say I'm patient.......not even a little. 

Yet Kellie's statement...Why was it haunting me?.....I think because it is TRUE.

I have 0. None. Nada. Zilch. tolerance for fakeness.  I cannot stand it.

What I did not realize is that this has been a bit of an area of pride.  Being real is a good thing right?  Requiring authenticity is a good standard. 

I love real.  I love messy.  I love authentic.  I love imperfection.  LOVE IT.  It is comfortable.  It is like coming home.  So if you are one of my people....and you know who you are....please know I see a genuineness in you that endures you to me.

Yet something else bothers me.....

Why do I get to decide who is fake and who is real?
For some reason I think I can know.  I hold the realness meter!

Yet now I'm beginning to wonder....Who set me up as judge?

What if these people aren't fake? 
What if they are wounded?  What if they are afraid?  What if they are more then meets the eye?

I think the Lord has allowed this very true statement about me reveal something deeper about me!

I am so quick to judge.  So quick!

My Kellie, meant nothing like that by her statement.  She was speaking truth.  She was stating a fact.  One I liked in fact.  Yet God used her statement to reveal more about my messed up self!

HOT MESS!




2 comments:

  1. Kim..I just love you.....YOU are real...no pretention....it is what it is...I am that way too.....but you are right we are not judge and jury.....but it makes us feel better sometime to think we are :) Thankfully God does reveal to us all to often our imperfections just to keep us on our toes:) Love that about HIM! Luv u 2....hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Renea! I love you lady!!!

    ReplyDelete