Friday, May 23, 2014

Only Child!

So summer break is in FULL swing at our house.  The 4 oldest kids spent their first week of summer at camp.  I'm anxious to hear about their week.

So with the four big kids gone....we were left with the baby.  Audrey has thoroughly enjoyed her week as only child.  

She started out her week on Monday at my moms.  She had Nanny all to herself for the WHOLE day while I drove the kids to camp.  I picked her up around dinner and she was all smiles.  She had gotten a new dress, watered flowers, played outside, played lots of board games.......and was a very happy little girl.  Randy and I ordered dinner in and Audrey played with the neighborhood kids until dark and then she came in and I told her she could lay in my bed and watch 1 show.  Well.....we both fell asleep and stayed until morning!

Tuesday morning we had lots of snuggles.  Then Audrey had her last art class followed by an amazing art show.  Kellie did such a GREAT job with the kids and I would HIGHLY recommend her art classes.  

After the art show we raced across town to pickup her friend Ella.  Then Daddy hung out with Ella and Audrey at Monkey Joe's while I unloaded a TRUCKLOAD of books at The Homeschool Gathering Place. 


 I met them back at Monkey Joe's and they were getting pretty worn out so we stopped at Chick-fil-a for a VERY late lunch.  Tuesday night she tried to swim with her cousin, but it was too cold so they ended up eating popcorn and watching a movie instead.



Wednesday......we had made plans to go out with my mom.  We were on a mission to find the perfect fabric for my favorite chair....which I can't bear to part with....but has become a bit of an eye sore!  It took a while and a lot of back and forth....but we finally found the perfect fabric and I can't wait to see how it turns out!  


 So much fun!



 So many choices!


 After a while they all started to look the same!


We had lunch at Guglhupf's with Mom....YUMMIO!  

AND we stopped by a little garden center in Hillsborough and I picked up a couple of squash and zucchini plants to add to my garden!  Then Audrey got invited to the Curl's house for a play date which turned into a sleepover!  I spent the afternoon cleaning and organizing my school room and going through my library of children's books. 

 I love to organize!  I had the last night of The Gospel Project.  I'm going to miss those sweet kiddos!  

Randy had his dream night: about 5 hours of basketball! 

Thursday morning I woke up and finished up some paperwork I needed for a co-op meeting.  Then I deep cleaned Audrey's room and closet.  I LOVE organizing!  I headed out to Bahama to pickup Audrey and the Curl kids around 10.  The 5 of us headed out to Southpointe, after a quick stop by Chick-fil-a, for some lunch, to watch Return to Oz.  

After the movie it was back to Bahama were I scored some farm fresh eggs AND homemade strawberry jam....Julia is my HERO!  I was late for a meeting but my friends Linda and Lisa were very gracious!  Audrey waited patiently and enjoyed a Strawberry Frappuccino and played on my phone while I spent an hour talking co-op plans.

Last night Audrey got to spend the evening with Randy's parents.  They took her to Elmo's and Goodberry's and she got to watch TV!  She was a tired little girl.  While she hung out with Randy's parents we got to hang out with some dear friends for dinner, a movie, and ice cream!  It was a fun and LATE night for us all!  We had a good night sleep and are getting ready to head to the mountains to get the rest of the crew!

It was a  great week, but I'm ready to get back the rest of the crew!  I LOVE SUMMER!


No comments:

Post a Comment