Monday, June 17, 2013

What we did Last Week!

So we started out the week celebrating, my nephew, Tyler's 15th birthday at Nantucket Grille!
I highly recommend the Blackened Salmon Salad.....(and the red velvet cake....but share the cake :) it is HUGE)

Sunday after church we headed over to The Sportsplex to celebrate Sophie's 10th birthday.
She had been holding out for a pool party, but at the last minute decided she'd like to go ice skating instead!
They all had a great time!
Thankful for my sweet friends that stayed and hung out with me!

Monday we made a cute set of Christmas coasters.
I got the idea from our pastors wife, my friend, Christi.
They were super simple and turned out really cute!
I used bathroom tiles, homemade Modge Podge (glue plus water), old Christmas cards, and felt we had tucked away in the laundry room cabinet.  You will also need a glue gun or rubber cement to glue the felt to the back of the tile.
So it was cheap!

Last weeks recovering furniture phase led to this weeks painting furniture.

 BEFORE

IN PROCESS
I had a lot of eager helpers

AND
AFTER

If you give a mom black paint....first she will want to paint the desk....

Then she's going to want to paint the coffee table.....
to go with it....


And chances are....if she paints the coffee table she will end up painting the end table too!
(that is next weeks project!)
(please ignore the knob....I'm getting a new one!)

So I've been busy having lots of fun at home this week!
Cost: $20 for a quart of black paint and primer.  I had the brushes!

Tuesday we went park hopping!


We started out at Mount Bethel and we ended up at Edison Johnson!




Both were a hit!

Next time....we must remember to bring a change of clothes!

Thursday was the absolute highlight!
We had a pool party with a bunch of our homeschool/church/co-op friends.
It was so much fun I didn't take one single picture!
BUT we are doing it again in July and in August...so maybe I'll remember to take pictures then! 

Friday was a special day for Jackson.
Mom and Dad had the boy cousins (minus Andrew who was at Kings Dominon with his Unplugged group)
over for a campout.
They had a blast and slept out in the tent all night.
Hunted and dug up burried treasure.
Told stories, had hotdogs and smores.
Caught fire flies.
Shot BB guns.
Good boy fun!
Thanks mom and dad!
 

We had some Mundane-ness.  Responsibilities.  Routines. Chores.  That had to be done
but we also sprinkled in some fun:


 Planting new flowers!

 Going to VBS at Uncle Barry and Aunt Rhonda's Church!
They had a blast!
BUT it was at night so they came home WORN OUT!



Saturday Sophie fell in love!
His name is Daniel!

We celebrated Father's Day with my Dad on Saturday evening because we were going to be traveling to take Andrew to camp on Sunday.
We had a great time visiting with mom and dad.
Andrew babysat the kids and when we got home Randy and Andrew broke into a spontaneous wrestling match.
I do not know how long it has been since I laughed that hard!
It was too funny!

Sunday we spent driving to and from Charlotte.
We had a father's day lunch at Olive Garden.

Randy enjoyed the salad!
He only had 2 BIG bowls all by himself!!!!

Thankful for my sweet husband.  He makes 5 hours in the car fun.  He is a blessing to our family.
Can't imagine life without Randy!

No comments:

Post a Comment