Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Quick Run to the Bank

I started the week out by taking a quick run to the bank.
Literally.
Felt good to slap this sign and turn around and head back home.
It made me giggle too.
It was 8 miles round trip.
My longest run to date.
YIPPEE!!!!

This week marks the beginning of our summer break.
We have a VERY loose summer schedule.
Subject to change at a moments notice!
Wake up
Make Your Own Breakfast
Get Dressed
Move for 30 minutes
Read for 30 minutes
Do Chores.
Write a page in Journal.
Practice (guitar, cursive, piano, basketball....whatever)
Then we have lunch
Monday-Craft/Cook
Tuesday-Water Play
Wednesday-Outing (ice skate, museum, movie, bowling)
Thursday-Library, Projects, Chores, Errands
Friday-Friends...
Evenings at the pool.  Family Time.  Movies.

So....Monday
We made our Canvas Art
They turned out really cute!
Then we made peanut butter and chocolate covered bananas.
YUMMY!
and MESSY!

Monday night we went out for Japanese to celebrate Randy's birthday!


The kids were excited that they got to eat with "pork chops"
 (aka chop sticks)

Then we met some friends for yogurt!
It was a good time!

Summer brings a break but 
we do still have reading tutoring....even in the summer!

Tuesday night was Andrew's guitar recital

I enjoyed hearing him and so many of the other young musicians play.
They are so talented.
The Stephens are a blessing to our family.

Wednesday we hung out at home.  Played on the slip in slide.  Cleaned rooms.  We headed out to swim team and Lydia and Jackson were playing in the pool while we waited for practice to start.  Suddenly, Lydia emerged from the pool with blood dripping from her mouth, wailing!  They had collided.  Jackson's head met Lydia's tooth.  Lydia ended up at the dentist having an x-ray.

The verdict: a very loose baby tooth with lots of bruising but no permanent damage!
So she has a puffy lip and swollen gums and a very loose tooth but all is well!
Thank you Lord!

Today I have been messing around at the house.
I recovered our kitchen bar stools.
They were covered in a nice suede fabric that did not wear well under constant Stewart onslaught.
So I matched the color and changed the fabric to a nice washable vinyl.
On the left is the old splotchy fabric and on the right is the new vinyl fabric.

It was a simple and cheap project! Total cost: $3

While I was busy recovering things I decided to tackle the piano bench.
Lydia is starting piano lessons this month and I thought I would spruce up the bench for a treat!
I really like the new fabric!
It was so simple.
Cost: $6.50
Andrew warned the kids not to stand still nearby I may recover them in my frenzy!

I displayed our newest art acquisition.  It adds a nice touch to the stairs.

Then I dropped the girls off at Nanny's.
They had been invited over for tea.
Looks like they have a special time in store.
While the girls had tea I headed to Chick-fil-a with the boys for nuggets and ice cream!
YUMMY!

Now we are hanging out at the house waiting for the washing machine repair man
an evening of laundry awaits me and I have never been so excited to do laundry!
A washing machine truly is a blessing!

Happy Summer!
Kim

1 comment: