Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Toasting One Year!

June 19, 2012- June 18, 2013 will go down as the year my life changed.  
One year ago today I started my journey.  
I started all alone.  
Determined to change.  
One week later Randy joined me.

It has truly been a journey.
Ups and downs.  Twists and turns.  Excitement.  Boredom.  Adventure.
Victory and Defeat and Starting over.

So tonight is indeed a night of celebration.


This is my toast to Randy and myself and to the journey.
(Feel free to raise your water bottles and toast along with me :)

Here's to the sweat.



Here's to the veggies instead of fries.

Here's to the water bottle.

Here's to the hours spent pounding the pavement.

 I am not trying to show off my pretty pictures ;0)
I just don't want anyone to be under the impression it was easy.
It was not.
It was hours and hours and hours of sweat and hard work!


Here's to the dumb bells.  Here's to the elliptical machine.  Here's to going to bed early and waking up even earlier!


Here's to the grilled chicken, the salmon, the salad, the brussel sprouts, the carrots, the edamame, the apples with cinnamon, the broiled grapefruit and the hot tea.

Here's to long stretches.  Here's to squats and situps and pushups and jumping jacks.  Here's to the hours of training.  Here's to the tennis shoes I wore out.  Here's to the yoga pants I live in.
 Here's to the T-shirts I earned.

Here's to the races I ran.

Here's to Weight Watchers.

Here's to beating obesity.

Here's to Run Keeper.

Here's to the Dirty Girls.
That helped me rejoin life.
Here's to the Angels.
That helped me work for a goal.
Here's to swimming laps.
Here's to the tears.
I've cried more tears this year then I ever have before.
Feeling the pain.
Healing.

Here's to becoming a photo bomber!
I am no longer camera shy :)

 Here's to earning my shower.
Here's to Runner's World.
Here's to Chick fil a.
They really do offer some reasonable options that are delicious!
Here's to friends and to family who supported and encouraged me.

 Here's to the work of God from the inside out.

Here's to people willing to speak the ugly truth and here's to hearing hard truth because the truth is what we need not pretty lies.
Thank you Audrey for speaking truth.
Out of the mouths of babes <3

Thank you Dr. Davis for teaching truth.
I needed it.

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
Applying the truth frees you to live.
Free to live!

Here's to doing hard things.
Here's to taking risks and being braver then I want to be.

Here's to aching legs and burning abs.  Here's to muscles.  Here's to finally feeling hungry.  Here's to having goals.  Here's to hard work.  Here's to motivation.  Here's to being uncomfortable.  Here's to the time.  Here's to the sacrifice.  Here's to the perseverance.  Here's to the pain. 

Here's to NEVER giving up. 
Here's to doing what is right not what is easy. 
Here's to discipline. 
Here's to boundaries. 
Here's to the struggle. 
Here's to the endorphins.

Here's to every single pound I killed.  I didn't lose them....I annihilated them.
81.8 pounds gone!!!!
I earned every single one.
Here's to progress. 
Here's to NO excuses.
Here's to accomplishments


Here's to changing.
YES....I HAVE CHANGED.
Without a doubt!
It is a good change.  It was a needed change.  It was an important change.
I've changed what I eat.  I've changed how I live.  I've changed what I do.
I've changed who I allow in my life.  I've changed my expectations.
Praise God, I've changed.

Here's to you!
Thanks for following my journey.
Thanks for your encouragement along the way.
Thanks for helping me to be accountable.
Remember....If I can do it....ANYONE can do it!
Seriously.

Changing your life is possible.  It just takes a lot of work, and sacrifice, and tough choices.
The change is from the inside out.
Destroy the idols.
Every. Single. Day.
If the Lord hadn't changed my heart through the conviction brought by his word, then I would still be  obese.
Here's to a good, holy, loving God who gave us a book filled with his word which does change lives.
I get nervous about giving God the credit because I know how weak I am.
If I mess up and fall back into old habits I don't want to tarnish his reputation.
Yet...it is the truth.
I learned what the Lord thought about laziness and gluttony and it does not honor him.
He does not want me to honor him with only my lips....but with my life.
If I fail it is my sinfulness not his inability.
If I fail it is a reflection of my unfaithfulness not his.
So I do want to give credit where credit is due.

 WAS IT WORTH IT?
IT WAS WORTH IT.
IT IS WORTH IT!
I can't wait to see what June 19, 2013-June 18, 2014 holds.
The journey will continue.
I am still overweight.
After all this work and all this change and all this progress....I'm still FAT!!!!
Discouraging but True!

I will still post updates each month to track my progress.
BUT
This year has been one worth remembering!
I started out here
 And I worked hard to get to my midpoint.

This is where I am today.
I've come a long way!


Here's to working hard!
Here's to the road ahead!
The journey IS worth it!
Cheers!





4 comments:

  1. Celebrating every milestone, every dead pound......and your wonderful sense of accomplishments...I am proud of you, your family is and GOD is Smiling Big:)

    Love You Kim..hope to see you very soon.......maybe in a bikini at the pool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I'm so impressed...you're amazing! Praise the Lord for you and for your dedication and example!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To God be the glory!! You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Kim! You are so motivating! (And you look amazing!!) You make me want to get out there and run :) So thankful for what the Lord has done through you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete