Monday, January 28, 2013

Sanctification

I think about stuff like sanctification, more and more these days.  It is such a journey.  I have so far to go and mess up so much.  I so want to BE THERE....to have arrived.  I think it is the dailiness of it that gets me!  I mean if my house would stay neat, if my kids would love one another, if they would act properly, if Randy could read my mind.....life would be so much easier and I would be so much better behaved!

Ahhh.....like I said I have a lot of work.

The message Dr. Davis gave at church yesterday was such an encouragement and prompting and convicting to me.  All the messages are....

Then I noticed my kids and it occurred to me that they too are on this journey.  They have not arrived.  They are not perfected...duh....so why do I want them to behave as if they are?  Well....obviously because it would make my life easier....and that is the goal after all.  NOT!

I was encouraged though.  There is growth.  As they were taking their notes....which I love.....Jackson looked over to copy some of Sophie's notes.  I felt the butterflies.  I got nervous.  My chest tightened and my pulse quickened.  My girl and my boy....don't get along very well.  I thought here it comes.  She is going to cover her paper.  He is going to try to uncover it.  I'm going to try to get them to JUST BEHAVE before a wrestling match breaks out in the pew and the paper flies over the balcony.  Then my eye caught it.  A sweet moment.  A sister smiling sweetly at her little brother and willingly letting him look on.  Even pointing to where he should write it on his paper.  Wow....it is sweet to see the work of Christ in your child's life.  So sweet!  Growth!  LOVE IT!!!  Praise the Lord.  A heart of stone becoming a heart of flesh.  PRECIOUS.

Now don't get me wrong.  Life is still dicey around here.  Just last night the simple instruction, "brush your teeth and go get in bed."  erupted into tears, talking back, knocking things over, anger.....by an unnamed youngster....so I'll take the victories when they come, because the battle rages on!


Just had to share the sweet notes Lydia took at church today.  She was really listening.  I love her picture.  Dr. Davis was sharing the scripture and said how the lions couldn't get onto the highway and that the end of the highway....was glorification.  I don't know if you can see but Lydia's picture has a little cloud at the end with 2 little stick figures standing on the cloud.  Those lions don't look too ferocious!  Blesses my heart to know at least some of the truth is being heard.  Praying for fertile soil in their hearts...... seeds are being sewn!





No comments:

Post a Comment