Friday, August 17, 2012

Surprise!

I have a really good mother-in-law.  She loves me.  She is nice to me.  She spoils me.  She wanted to surprise me and so she and Randy hatched a plan for her and my sister-in-law to "kidnap" me for the day and take me shopping. How nice is that?   Now Randy was so excited he did let the surprise slip a little early....but I was still surprised.  Just earlier then expected!  So while sweet Randy took the kids to get free haircuts (thank you JC Penny's and Debra) his Mama took me shopping.  All I can say is WOW!  I don't shop a lot so I don't have a lot of clothes.  Well....that is no longer the case.  Ruth loaded me up!  We did find some great deals and we also had lunch at Rockfish Grill and it was just a really fun day.  As I was hugging her and thanking her for such a special day and her extreme generosity.....she said she was glad she was here to be able to take me shopping.  I got a little chocked up.....you see Rhonda and Ruth were in a very bad accident several weeks ago..it is miraculous how well they are doing.  Ruth is also a breast cancer survivor.  She has brushed death and she realizes how precious life is.  Her words reminded me once again that life is finite.  We have a small window to love the people in our lives.  I want to love them well.  I love my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law.  I am grateful for having them in my life.  They are blessings to me.  Love you both!

1 comment: