Monday, August 27, 2012

Schools Back

Today marks the 10th year of our home school operations.
10 years!
A decade...WOW!
It also marks the beginning of our high school.
AND
The head teacher....that would be me.......got her very own CHALKBOARD!!!
YIPPEE!!!
 
 
I REALLY like my new chalkboard.  I have looked at them for years and they cost so much for a big one.  Then my "old neighbor" had an awesome painted one with a frame.  I LOVED it.  So I thought about that.  Again....the frame was pricey.  So I kept putting it off.  I was sharing my issues with Randy and being the genius that he is...he said just using casing.  What???!!!  Why didn't I think of that?  So....my dad had some casing.....and he came up with the idea of turning the bottom piece up to make a chalk ledge......So Now for the first time in 10 years this teacher has a nice, big, pretty, chalkboard...and I am happy!
 
So.....School is back.
It was a busy, full, fun day.



Mrs. Vanessa came for speech!
 

 
Lincoln had a fun day celebrating his birthday!!!
Can't believe he is two!

 
He loved his gift and his cupcakes.
He is one sweet boy!

 
After school we went to the Pet Shop because Lincoln LOVES looking at the animals.
He got so excited....until it was time to leave. 
I picked him up to carry him to the car and he kept saying...."more!  more!" he was not ready to leave.
 
It was a good first day back.
I'm just having a hard time believing that I have a high schooler! 
What???
AND
My baby started kindergarten....WOW!
I better not blink!
 
Love,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. you rock, mama teacher! and wow, jack is SO big! tell everyone we said HELLO and hoping it's a GREAT year for you guys! love!

    ReplyDelete