Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pinterest

So....my Saturday has been so nice and cozy and lazy.  I've been on Pinterest for a while now.....but I don't normally spend a lost of time on it.  Well today was a different story.  I spent the day actually doing some of my "pins". 

I started by making a sweet picture in honor of our anniversary.  This kids think it is so funny!  They don't know why we are listed with all those famous people.


I also made a bulletin board I've been eyeing for some time....I thought it was such a cute idea!  I'm going to let the kids add a new flower with their own synonyms when school starts back.



I also decorated my Germ-X bottle.....I think my Germ Juice is extra adorable....which just makes me smile.


Then I found a homemade crockpot recipe for applesauce that will go very nicely with tomorrow nights pork chops.....plus will make my house smell extra yummy.....AND will be a good snack for the little ones at camp next week!

Finally I searched for a recipe to take to a ladies social this Tuesday.  A friend from church invited me to one of her friends house for a "Christmas in August" social and we all are suppose to bring a Christmas treat to share.....it was fun searching for a recipe and getting ideas for our Christmas.

The best part of all is that I didn't spend one penny.  I just made the picture on my computer and used an old frame I had here.  For the flowers I used letters and scrapbook paper that I already had from last year.  I went to Sherwin Williams and they happily donated a paint wheel to my cause!  I already had the Germ-X I just ripped off the labels and used my Cricket (last years b-day gift) and some adhesive paper and ribbon I had sitting in the laundry room!!!!

So cool....and now we are all cleaned up and Daddy Bear is taking us all out to dinner at my favorite restaurant in the world.....Saladelia!

What a wonderful day!

I enjoyed my Saturday A LOT.....AND I am really liking Pinterest....such good ideas!

Hope your Saturday was great!

Kim

1 comment:

  1. I love Pinterest!! And I love your idea of actually doing some of the things that you have pinned. :) I will probably steal the synonym flowers for my classroom. Genius!!! I think one day this week, I will choose a few projects to try out. Thanks for being an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete