Sunday, August 20, 2017

Exploring Home

I've lived in Durham basically my whole entire life.  I say basically, because I did leave for college, but made a quick return home.....So I kinda thought I knew my town and the surrounding areas.  I'm realizing this last week, however, there is really so much I don't know about my hometown.  I think my new hobby is going to be uncovering Durm.  Take for instance Duke Gardens, I definitely knew it was there and had visited it many times.  Nonetheless, I did not know that it was so quiet during the weekday mornings.  A perfect spot for a walk, or quiet time, or writing.  I will definitely be incorporating this treasure into my life.



These weekday adventures are giving me lots of ideas for family adventures.

One of my favorite discoveries this week was King's Red and White.  Thank you Julia Curl!  Seriously, how can I have lived in Durham my whole life and been so unaware!  It is the cutest, quaintest grocery you can even imagine.  Mapleview Farms butter (and ice cream), homemade jam, 9th street bakery bread, local produce, a real butcher in back, hand drawn signs in the window.  Oh. my. word.   My new favorite!

Rubbing shoulders with strangers.  Strangers becoming acquaintances......maybe even new friends.  New friendships bring even more discoveries.  Randy found a new favorite drink from one of Lydia's new friends.  Mixing things up a bit, eyes open wide....

 
Slowing down.  Paying attention.  Breathing deep.  Discovering hidden treasures along the way.


Absorbing life.


Pouring out from His abundance.....Ahhhh






1 comment:

  1. Think I've driven by that place many times. Will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete