Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving at Home and at School

What a fun and exhausting week of Thanksgiving we have had!




 We started off Tuesday with a fun turkey breakfast and headed off to school!  Cinnamon rolls with bacon feathers!  The candy eyeballs are a little freaky but still a hit with the kids!



We have spent a lot of our time at school learning about the Pilgrims and Native Americans!  We have also spent lots of time crafting and writing.  The idea for these cute little turkeys came from First Grade Parade.  The kids LOVED them and they turned out super cute!




 The kids had a writing assignment to write what they would pack if they were going on the Mayflower.  These kids crack me up!  PRECIOUS!!!!






Good hygiene is important!



These boats turned out super cute too!

The kids filled them with facts they have learned about the Mayflower!





Tuesday before our class party started the kids presented their Native American projects....

Some of the kids dressed up.  I loved seeing their costumes and hearing all that they learned.  They all did such a great job!











 I love seeing how each of the kids did their projects.  GREAT!


 Then it was time to party!
My class had cute little wigwams to munch on!
So grateful to all the parents in my class!  They all pitched in and I was able to visit in my kids classes and participate in their parties!
Thank you first grade parents!
You are the best!






Sophie's Class



 Second Grade Class Party gearing up to start!


Third Grade Party Time!





After providing paper products for my class and Sophia's class, making cupcakes for the Juniors so Andrew's class would have something special, making a turkey shaped vegetable tray for Jackson and Audrey's class, and hosting Lydia's class party with food, games,decorations, and crafts, and teaching that morning......I WAS TIRED!

But not quite done.....we had cleanup and then changed the classroom to get ready for Christmas!

It was a team effort.  It was much more fun because the Reynold's were there too!

Randy and Andrew hung lights!







We setup some of our Christmas decorations

We left Wednesday night after 7:00 and we were WORN OUT!

We took the kids out for a late dinner at Pizza Inn.
So nice to not have to cook.

I'm thankful for my sweet husband for all his help getting my room ready.

I'm thankful for my good natured kiddos and their help.

I'm thankful for sweet colleagues and their sweet families that make long days a lot more fun!
 

Wednesday was spent cleaning house.  Resting.  Cooking.

It was a blessing to have a quiet day at home doing more domestic type things that have been neglected!

Here is a fun photo.....

 Did you know brussel sprouts grew on a tree like stick thing?
CrAzY!



Thursday morning was spent at home with these funny ones!



Audrey as Elsa Frankenstein!
 Then we headed to Mama's

 Cousins



 Cooking


 Feasting

 Yummy

 Yummy.....Yummy



Gobble, gobble, gobble!




After we rested a bit and woke up from our food coma we did go for a little walk.  It was nice. 



We stopped by to checkout the  Crabtree's new house.
(my brother and his family are building near my parents house)


Then we colored


Watched football




Crafted
Played games

We had round two on food.....
After staying most of the day at Mama's we headed home.  We tucked the little ones into bed and  the big kids watched a movie with Randy and I.

 It was a great day.

I'm so thankful for the blessing of family.

No comments:

Post a Comment