Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fall Break

What a fantastic week this has been.
The Home Builders Academy was on Fall Break!  Yippee!!!

I love breaks from school!

I did a lot of baking .....and had a lot of helpers.

 

 


Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Spice Bars
Pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese cinnamon frosting.


I got to make some delicious fall recipes: My favorite was Julia's Roasted Vegetables.  YUMMY!

It has become a staple at our dinner table!

We had play dates at the park. 
 
 

I read stacks of library books to the children.
I sat on the front porch with a cup of hot tea and read my own book too!

I celebrated a birthday with a sweet friend. 




Watched my boy play some good football.



Took several long walks and enjoyed the autumn hues and the crisp weather.

Ahhh......I like fall.

The fair!
 


 

The friends....
The chill.....

This week there was time to linger.  In the Word.  In relationships with friends and family.  We got to wake up slowly, stay up late, take bubble baths.  There was time for the fun stuff that the business of school so easily crowds out. 

Breaks remind me to live slower.  To savor more. 




I LOVE breaks where we slow down enough to enjoy each other....


We still had music to practice and appointments to keep, but without the pressure of school the pace  was so nice! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment