Monday, February 4, 2013

My Morning at the Grown up Table

I sat at the "grown-up table" this morning.
Such a blessing to have a part of Granny and Papa's home now a part of mine.
I feel a bit more grown up now.
Its bittersweet....this business of growing up.



 It was a quiet morning.  Filled with gratitude. 
I think one of the good parts of growing up is learning to see things more fully.  The world is not just good and bad and happy and sad.  Sometimes the good of being well loved comes with the bad of a broken heart.
So does that make it good or bad?  Does that leave you happy or sad?
Both.
 
This morning I am thankful for Granny.  I am thankful for Papa.  I am thankful for my parents.  I am thankful for God's Word.  I am thankful for tokens of remembrances.  Thankful for warm tea, quiet mornings, and pretty glasses. Thankful for a big table and lots of sweet children to fill it up!   
God has been good to us.  
He has given me a legacy of godly grandparents and parents who love each other.  
He has given us the blessing of children, a pleasure denied many.
Blessing upon Blessing.





I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment