Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Monthly Weight Update

It's the second Tuesday of the month, which can only mean.....WEIGHT UPDATE!  So here are the stats:

Randy lost a total of  77 pounds!  That is a Jackson and an Audrey!!!  WOW!  He exercises about an hour a day, almost everyday.  He burns over 1,100 calories per workout.  His workout consists of elliptical training and running.  He is doing great on his diet.  Eating a lot more veggies and fruits then he used to and a lot less fries and candy!  I am trying to talk him into running a 5K with me in April.  He runs just over a 10 minute mile....for all 3 miles!  That is good stuff!!!

I lost 8 pounds this month.  I am averaging 1.6 pounds per week.  I am at a grand total of 64.2 pounds.  That is a Lydia and an Audrey!!!  I workout 5 days a week and I run exclusively now.  I really hate the elliptical.  I only work out for 30 minutes most days....although I did do a one hour workout this weekend....because I wanted BIRTHDAY CAKE and I did not want to gain weight!!!  WILL RUN FOR CAKE!

So...all together that is 141 pounds.  That is an Andrew....and that is a lot of weight!

Yet....the journey continues!

I still have food issues.  I want to horde my points (that is weight watchers lingo for calories).  I want to indulge in private and celebrate with food.  I want to eat a lot.....more then I need.  I still like food too much.  The Lord is still dealing with some idols in my heart concerning food/weight/laziness/gluttony.  I still want to sit and blog....or watch TV....or read a book......or surf the web.  I still want to do what is easy.  Not that anything is wrong with any of these things.  What is wrong is the place I want them to have in my life.  In my affections.  I want them to refresh me.  I want them to treat me.  I want them to indulge me.  I want them to make me feel better.  This is not a quick fix.  This is not a diet.  This is not a makeover.  This really is a heart change.  I've been actively losing weight for about 8 months now....but the Lord has been dealing with my heart on these issues much longer!

I feel fantastic.  

I feel healthy. 

 I feel strong.  

I feel prettier.  

BUT I also feel concerned.  I am concerned that knowing how good I feel, I am still tempted to sit on my laurels and eat more then I need.  It really is a daily dying to myself.  Trusting in God.  I am weak.  He is strong.  

I also feel frustrated.  I have come a LOOOONNNNNG way.....but my journey to fitness is a FAR way off.  There is a looooonng way left to go.  Sometimes it seems too far.  IMPOSSIBLE.  I just keep reminding myself.....the daily matters.  Time is going to pass and it can pass with me taking better care of myself or destroying myself.  So I am trying not to get too hung up on a timeline, but it is a struggle, I want to have arrived!  

I also feel weak.  Yes...I know I just said I felt strong....and I do...because I really didn't think I could lose 64 pounds in 8 months.......but I also feel weak.  I feel like I could slip and fall and quit.  I don't really trust myself.  That is why I am choosing to trust he who is in me!

I do feel prettier.  I feel like people notice me more and are nicer.  I know some of that is because I put off better vibes and am friendly because  I feel better....but I have issues.  For so long, growing up, my identity and self-esteem was LARGELY based on my appearance.  I DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK THERE.  I like when people say I look beautiful but I just want to be very careful, not to like it too much.  I want God to think I am beautiful.  His standards are not the same as the worlds.  I just want to make sure I'm pleasing the one that really matters!

So that is where I am.....things are plugging along.  Sometimes slower then I wish....but headed in the right direction!

My current goals are to complete a 5K run in April
Currently I am trying to improve my time.  I can run a 5K, no problem, but I am slow!
So I am focusing on improving my speed from now until April
AND 
I plan to start a 2 time a week toning routine in March.....My skin is loose as a goose!

Just Keep Swimming!
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment