Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Update on Me

Randy and I are still plugging away.  It has been hard.  It has taken sacrifice and work but like I tell my kids most things worth anything of real and lasting value do require sacrifice and hard work.  I am still getting up at 5:30 and heading straight to the elliptical five days a week. If I don't head straight to the elliptical then I will think of ANY reason not too!  I've worked up to 20 minutes now.  I burn just over 200 calories. I haven't missed once.  Praise the Lord!  Randy is still getting up at 4:45 and heading straight to the elliptical  He does it 6 days a week.  He works out for 28 minutes and burns just over 500 calories.  I still HATE to exercise.  However I see such benefits that it's worth doing what I hate for 20 minutes a day......I think.  If you think about it you can pray that I will keep doing it.....because I really do hate it. 

So far I have lost exactly 30 pounds.  Today marked week number 12.  Randy is on week 11 and has lost 38 pounds.  Together that is 68 pounds!  That's more than a whole Jackson........we're getting close to a Sophie!!!  Our bed must be very happy!  We sure are!

I've asked myself often, "why is it working this time?"....I've tried so many times before.  I think the main reason is because I am convinced that food was my idol.  I turned to food for fulfillment, pleasure, emotional reasons, comfort.....when I should have turned to God.  I was a glutton.  God's word has a lot of really bad things to say about gluttony.  I did a personal study on it and was very convicting.  I decided this was an idol that needed to be destroyed.  It is so easy to set up idols and convince yourself it is not a sin.  I had for years.  Yet just because I convinced myself and others that it wasn't wrong.....doesn't mean it isn't wrong. 

Wrong is wrong.  It doesn't matter if everyone is okay with it.  It doesn't matter if it feels good.  It doesn't matter if it is socially acceptable.  It doesn't matter if everyone else is doing it.  It doesn't matter if we vote and decide it is okay.....what matters is the truth.  Wrong is ALWAYS wrong.  God says gluttony is a sin.  So it is.  I do not want to live in sin even if I like it.  I don't want to water down my sin.  Like I tell my kids there is no little sin and no big sin.  Every sin killed Jesus.  So my goal is not just to be a hot Mama....my goal is to put to death the sin in my life. 

For the record I don't think every overweight person is living in sin.  I think there are genetic reasons.  There are other contributors.  HOWEVER.....food has been an idol in my life.  Therefore it is a sin for me.  I am not judging anyone else.....Just myself!

So that is whats happening in my corner of the world. 

I'll post again in October.  Hopefully I'll be doing some toning by then.....still not there yet!

Love,
Kim




2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Keep up the great work, Kim!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it best when you said, "So my goal is not just to be a hot Mama....my goal is to put to death the sin in my life." Should be the chief goal of any believer!

    Praying that you continue to grow spiritually through this, Kim, and you and Randy get healthier!

    Miss you all! Give Sophie a hug for me!
    Jean/Sislyn

    ReplyDelete