Monday, September 17, 2012

The Most Beautiful Place in the World!

If you know anything about me you know that this girl LOVES the Beach!


LOVE IT! 
 
My favorite Beach.....without a doubt.....Emerald Isle!
 
Not many people know this.....but my Grandma discovered Emerald Isle!
 
Hee...hee....hee
 
Well....not really....that's just what my sister Stacy told her first grade teacher after our Grandma first visited Emerald Isle.  My grandma may not have discovered it....but she introduced our family to Emerald Isle.  My grandparents and parents built a beach house here MANY (I would guess 32) years ago and I spent my childhood, teen years, and young adulthood years summers in that precious house!

 
We drove by it tonight and the new owners have done a fantastic job with it!
So cute!
 
 
We made great friends here.  Have so many great memories.  My parents sold the house about 15 years ago....but we still often vacation at Emerald Isle. 

 

 
 
We arrived VERY late last night and woke up early this morning and headed straight for the beach.  It started out a bit overcast.....
 
 
But that didn't dampen our fun!
 
 
The kids are water bugs!
 
 
The water was VERY rough today!
 
 
Sophie bit the dust hard....and decided to stick closer to shore!
 
Several kids have battle scars.
 
 
 
The sun came out and the day turned out to be BEAUTIFUL!
 
 
The kids had a blast
 
 
They tried to dig a hole to China....
 
But decided to bury Daddy instead!

 
Audrey told Daddy he looked like a powdered donut after being buried in sand!

 
Around 1 we headed in for lunch and got a little cleaned up.
 
Then Daddy, Pa and the big kids went over to the sound to jet ski!
They had a blast.
Mom and I stayed at the beach house with Audrey. 
I read a little and then Audrey and I took a nap.
Mom knitted.
 
It was a nice afternoon.
 
Then we had dinner at the house and went out for ice cream at Diva Queen (that is what Sophie calls it) aka Dairy Queen
 
 
YUMMY treats!

 
Thanks Nanny and Pa!

 
Fun Day at the Beach.
 
We came back to the house.  It was bath time for the little ones and then a little TV and bedtime.
 
Sophie, Mom, and I played cards while the guys watched football.
 
What a fun and restful day!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: