Monday, May 28, 2012

The Post I'm not Ready to Write

Sometimes I can feel a post coming on.  My heart starts to swell and needs to be poured out onto the page.  I'm getting that swelling feeling.  But my heart is just too tender still.  The words don't seem adequate.  There is still too much rawness.  I'm just not ready.

So.....I'm just going to do a this is our week post.....

The littlest kept plugging away at school while the biggies were at camp.
Jackson was delighted to discover our toy cash register could really add and subtract! From the moment he made this discovery he BEGGED for me to let him use it....JUST THIS ONE TIME for his math.
I finally said okay...just this one time!  After all calculator skills are important too....right?  He LOVED it!


In other big news:

The Shack is OPEN! 
That is our pools snack counter and the kids LOVE it....it is chocked full of cheap sugary goodness! 


They can't quite see over the counter so they spend a lot of time hanging around!

I took the crew to Jiffy Lube to have the oil changed in my van on Thursday.  I know, exciting!  I wanted to be ready to pick the kids up from camp on Friday.  My oil light came on Wednesday so I decided we should have it done before driving to Mountain Top.
Well we ended up hanging out for over an hour and spending way more money then I had planned.  It turns out I had 2 burnt out headlights.  2 burnt out turn signals.  1 burnt out brake light.  YIKES!
I also got my air filter replaced and the oil did get changed!
So......We left penniless...but at least the van is in better shape!
Speaking of the van....
Wowsers!  She needs some work!
I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of our free time and "extra" money at car repair shops in the days to come.  I still need to fix 2 door handles, replace the rubber around the driver window, and then we have some weird alignment issue going on!  I'm just praying the transmission holds up!
UGH!
Anyway I know you don't care about my van issues......just part of the stress of my week!
But I'm thankful for my paid for van!
Warts and all.


Yes....Jackson did wear his PJ's on our outing to Tutti Fruity....


Yes.....Sophie did survive camp!
She loved it!
Sophie, Meredith, and Josie were camp buddies!


Today we got to celebrate with
The Estes


The Ruff's


and
The Stephens


They all had a homeschooler graduate!  What a special time for their families!
I got a little teary watching their video montage and hearing their parents speak.
Wow!
What an inspiration these families are to me!
The kids had fun at graduation too!
They got to see all their co-op teachers!!!
They were especially excited to see Mrs. Rebecca!


Life keeps FLYING by!
Don't know how much I'll have time to blog next week with the girls Dance Recital...
But at least I'll have LOTS of cute pictures!

So glad Randy has off tomorrow and I am sleeping in!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment