Monday, April 14, 2014

Lots of Living and Learning

Well....I didn't do so good on my blog challenge.  Maybe I'll try again soon!

What a crazy, wonderful, good, sad, boring, normal, scary few weeks it has been.  Life is like that.  It can be so....complex.

Since Audrey's birthday there's been plumbing problems....


Laundry....always laundry.  It gives a rhythm to my week.  The constant ebb and flow of laundry.

Sort. Wash. Dry. Fold. Repeat.


Sisters up early working....creating....sharing life.


Boo-boos....made better

Bike races....and hills to conquer.

School.....

Projects......

Causes to support.....

Dances.....to attend.

and forgiveness to offer and accept.
Snuggles.  Lots and lots of snuggles.


Ice Cream.

A Wreak.


Friends.  Friends to love on as their lives fall apart. 
Friends to share with as I teeter and wobble and mess up. 
Friends to eat with and walk with and talk with and text. 

Dinner Club.  EAT AT THE PIT....YUMMY! 
 
Eat desert too....often....but run!
 
 


I do like friends.

This week brought a big brother passing on outgrown treasures.


A health scare.  Probably nothing.  Just need to make sure.

It's been a crazy week or so.  Yet I know this.  God IS faithful.  There is no need to worry.  God has a plan.  Isn't it amazing how even just the slight possibility of something can send a mind reeling!  Choosing to trust.

New understandings.
Epiphany....I love this world too much.  I do.  I love the warmth of the sun.  I love flowers bursting forth.  The smell of the salty air that whispers summer.  The sound of children laughing.  People.  I love people.  I like sweet gifts for no reason, just cause.  I like talking and visiting with my girlfriends....and cheese.  I do like cheese.  I like cheese too much. (hush Kellie and Julia)  I like whispering funny stuff under my breathe to Randy.  Making him laugh loud and inappropriate.  I like Randy bunches.  I like calling my Mama...and my Amy.  I like messages from Daddy.  I like standing in the driveway and talking to my sister-in-law neighbor and my mother-in-law.  I like understanding things I didn't understand.  I like Dinner Club.  Laughing and eating and walking and talking and planning.  I like Sunday lunches with family.  I like new friends.  I like old friends.  I like Home Fellowship.  I like sharing lives and bowing low and praying hard and new recipes. I like brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews and I like my kids.  So much.  No words.  I like it here.  A lot. 

Now don't be worrying....I'm not going anywhere or dying.  Well, I guess we all are dying.  It's funny how a little scare can get a mind to think.  We are all dying.  Every. day. closer.   There's only so much time.  Eat the cheese and the chocolate.  Stay in your PJ's and snuggle those babies.  Read good books.  Take bubble baths.  Kiss.  Run fast and hard.  Laugh loud and often.  Turn up the music.  Sing.  Hug tight and long.  Talk and listen.  Really listen.  Drink tea slow. Think.  Pray.  Tell people about what matters.  Tell people there IS a hope.  This isn't all there is.  Jesus is our hope.  Heaven is real, but so is hell.  Love people enough to tell them that hard truth.  Live loud and on purpose.  Even a long life goes fast.  So we best hold on loosely to this world and love fiercely.

The bills will still come.  Accidents still happen.  The alarm still goes off.  People still get hungry and crabby and sick.  The grass has to be cut and lessons have to be taught...and learned.  Yet I want Joy in the Journey. 

Life IS messy and sticky and sometimes you have to be tough but it is oh so sweet and good too.
 
 



Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment