Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Monthly Weight Update

Well....Another month has gone by.  I only lost 2.2 pounds this month.  UGH!  BUT.....Randy and I did run in our first 10K YEAH!!!  A 10 K is 6.21 miles.  Randy ran it in 50.14 and I did it in 1:08. 






My Mom and Dad, Randy's Mom and sister, My brother and his wife, and 2 nieces, 2 nephews, and 4 of our kiddos came to cheer us on and what an encouragement that was!  They would meet us on the course and cheer and hold signs.  So sweet!

About a month ago I injured my ankle and was under strict doctor orders not to run at all until my race.  So I did NO running for the 3 weeks prior to my race....well I did run back from Bob and Ruth's one time....just to test the ole ankle out....but other then that I was on my best behavior.  So I was nervous about being able to run it.  I was thrilled that I did it.  It really was a beautiful celebration of the change in my life.  I did have to stop and walk a little between miles 4-6, because my ankle HURT....but I did run almost the entire 6+ miles.  It felt so good to run again!  However....the day after....and every day since....including today....my thighs are screaming.  Going from no running to 6 miles as fast as you can is a little hard on the old body!  I had missed my running though.  My ankle held up fine and seems to really be on the mend.

One of the unexpected benefits of the race was that the kids got pumped up.  They all decided that they want to be runners too.  They asked if we would coach them. :)  So we agreed and they are planning to run in a one mile race as early as next month.  I am happy to see them excited about doing something so good for their bodies.  Training starts today....they are badgering me!

So my stats are one week shy of the 15 months mark and 86.8 pounds gone!  Randy is 14 and a half months in and has lost 102 pounds and is 2 pounds from his goal weight!!!!

So....the challenges continue. 

This month was hard.  Several things happened all at once that messed with my head.  Grandma moved in.  School started back.  I hurt my ankle.  This all made exercise next to impossible and I became very afraid that I was going to revert to old habits.  Eating to deal with the stress.  Not exercising because I got out of the habit and it took too much time. 

HOWEVER....

God really has changed me.  I am not exercising as much because I am injured....but I am not quitting.  I didn't want to go to Weight Watchers today....because I knew I gained weight. I ate a lot more then usual while we were at the beach.  Hello Krispy Kreme and Blue Bell Ice Cream!   I also hate to take the break from school to drive over and weigh in.  BUT....I decided to face the damage.  This is my real life.  It will not be success only.  So yes...I was disappointed I gained a pound.  I mean 3.2 would have been a much better report....but I'm glad I faced the scale.  I'm okay with the gain.  I'm not a lazy/glutton.  I am a busy woman, who is hurt, who was on vacation, who was celebrating her birthday, who had a fantastic time, who ran a 10K, who rode waves, who went for walks on the beach, who is more then a blip on the scale.  I also don't quit.  So even when life gets busy and stressful and weight loss becomes routine I will keep at, not because I am awesome, but because Christ is.  I will continue the journey.  I will lose that pound and more because I am going to use my body for his glory not for my comfort!

Still Swimming,
Kim




No comments:

Post a Comment