Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Great Weight Update a Day Late!

I am a day late with my update!  SORRY!  This month I lost a whopping 3.2 pounds!  I have now lost a grand total of 86.4 pounds.  It has been 61 weeks since my journey began.  That is an average of 1.5 pounds per week. I have 19 more pounds to lose before I am within the normal weight for my height and age.  Randy has lost 98 pounds so far.  He weighs 200 pounds.  He is 6 pounds from his goal of being a normal weight for his height and age!!!!  He has been at it for 60 weeks now.  MEN!  Just Keep Swimming!

So....I know I shared about my goal to do things that scare me.  So this month I did several things that took me outside my comfort zone.

1.  I jumped off the high dive at Eno Valley Pool.  Once.  I promised my kids I would do it before the end of summer and we went to the pool one overcast morning and 2 other families were there and I didn't know them.  So....I knew this was my big moment!  Sophie tried to get a picture.....



She wanted me to go again.....but once was enough for me!  That diving board is high!

2.  That boat dock roof Andrew jumped off of.....





Well....after about a dozen false starts....I jumped off too.  I was shaking like a leaf, literally.  I was scared to death....but as my niece Tricia Lynn yelled encouragement, "I jumped off aunt Kim and I am only 7!  Jesus will be with you!"  After that how could I not jump?!  There is no picture....but I had several witnesses!

3.  I kayaked a lot.  It was a great arm workout!  It was a lot of fun too.  I was scared about the boat flipping while I was out and not being able to get back in and not being strong enough to flip the boat.  Even though I was scared....I did it anyway.  I didn't flip.  I did get a good workout and have a good time!



4.  I rode the water bogon at the beach with my kids.  It was a blast.  I rode that same water slide as a child and it had been too long.  As I rode down the slide, smiling ear to ear, I marveled at how wonderful it is to be engaged and participating in life.  No longer on the side lines watching...but being an active part and living.  It is good.

5.  We went camping.  At the beach.  In a tent.  With no electricity.  It was hot.  It was hard work.  It was a great experience that I wouldn't have been able to handle 80+ pounds ago.

The weight loss is getting harder and slower.  There is less to lose and it seems to want to hang on.  However it is s-l-o-w-l-y going away.  My points have now dropped to 26.  That is sad because it means less food....but it is good because they can't drop any lower!!!!  Randy and I are both running for exercise.  We are finishing up our training for the 10K we are running in September.  Our times, which had been steadily improving, are now getting worse!  We are not sure why.  If it is from the length of time we have been training and that exhaustion is setting in or if it is from the heat.  Not sure....but we are going to keep on keeping on.

Randy has recovered well from the torn cartilage in his chest and is just starting back with his sit ups/push ups/planks.  He also still does the elliptical machine regularly.

That is where we are......

Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment