Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A LOT Can Change in a Week

It has been a VERY busy week.
One week ago Andrew had four permanent teeth pulled.  He is getting to the end of his orthodontic care!
He's had extensive work....but the aesthetic difference is amazing. 
Almost. Done!
So after having his teeth out on Tuesday he had to have new wires put in on Wednesday.
The wires caused more pain then the extraction. 
By Thursday he was raring to go.



He ran off and joined the football team!
YIKES!

He loves it though!  His buddy Mitchell has been working on him to play.
I was flat out like NO.  Practices are twice a week in Wake Forrest....BUT then Mitchell's mom started working on me and told me the rides were covered if I could get him to her house....so...the rest is history.
I have a happy boy.

Thursday Night we went out for Dinner with what I call "The Durham Super Club" :)
We tried Dame's Chicken and Waffles.
IT WAS DELISH!
I had "A Very Classy Hen"
Which is a fried chicken cutlet (YUM) with a Classic Waffle topped with a Vanilla/Almond Shmear.
It also comes with a side.  I got Mac and Cheese.  
YEP....that meal put me OVER the top this week.
So...good.
I do want to be completely honest though.....Our service was bad.  Actually....it was really bad.
BUT I would try it again.....cause the food was that good!

After dinner we did a little Downtown Shopping
Friday my Mom and Dad came over for dinner.
I didn't get any pictures but it was a good time and nice to be able to visit with them.

Saturday Randy and I celebrated our 17th anniversary!
We had an early lunch at Parker and Otis
 (Pimento Cheese with Bacon-tell them to go light on the cheese....it will be plenty..... and Spinach Salad)
YUMMY!
Then we spent most of the day window shopping.
We looked for a set of bunk beds.
We looked at fans.
We looked for storage solutions.
We looked at tennis shoes.
My parents had taken the four younger kids to Marbles museum and Andrew was in Wilmington with Randy's parents helping to move Grandma Stewart.

Speaking of Grandma Stewart.....if you haven't heard.....we are getting a new roommate!
Randy's sweet 91 year old (maybe 92?) Grandma is moving in with us, tomorrow!!!
Thus....the need for bunk beds
(Lydia and Audrey are moving in together)
and 
Storage solutions
(Randy and I have moved up to Audrey's room and the kids are now sharing their bathroom with us)
so Grandma can have her own space and not have to deal with stairs.
I told you it had been busy!

Sunday was a sweet time of fellowship and worship!
Love our church!
Enjoyed Dr. Finn's teaching on The Lord's Supper.

Monday it was Back to School!

I am so winging it this year!
I am usually soooo prepared.
UHMMMM....NOT this year!


Some students were eager and got all dressed up for the occasion....some not so much!
Monday also brought a special visitor!
Lincoln had a sweet friend to play with!
We got to hang out with Beau while his mom and dad were meeting his new brother!
Beau is a SWEET boy!  What a joy!
Lincoln LOVED him!

Nights have been filled with piano, guitar, moving, cleaning.....

My house is a MESS.
Although my Mother In Law did bless me with a lady to come clean.
THANK YOU!
So it is a clean mess!
The girls are camping out until their bed arrives next Tuesday....they are having a blast!

WHEW!
BUSY, BUSY, BUSY....
but
HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY




No comments:

Post a Comment