Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Life Update!

Wow....It has been a while since I posted!  Life is good and full.  Since my last posting Andrew has auditioned for a drama production he is participating in this Friday and he's spent a week at Elon doing the NBC basketball camp.  He came home happy and physically exhausted.  He's squeezed in a guitar lesson but not much practice.  I think he would practice more if I could keep him home.  That boy is on the go!  This week he is at his drama camp and busy trying to memorize all his lines whenever he gets a minute at home.

A couple of families from our church met up at the pool for a little pool party.  It was really overcast, but it turned out perfect, we pretty much had the pool to ourselves and it didn't rain until around 3:00.  
Randy and Andrew went to the lake with some guys for an overnight trip.  Randy ended up getting injured while trying to wake board.  Not as young as we used to be!  He had to take a week off of running and is still healing from some torn cartilage in his chest, but started exercising again yesterday.  As a result, we have pushed back our half-marathon.  We will probably wait and run it in April instead of November.  We were already cutting it close with our training and him losing a week of training is probably a bit too much! 

While the guys were having fun at the lake the kids and I dressed up as cows and went to have a free dinner at Chick-fil-A


It was Moooo-velous!

After dinner we went to see Legacy Productions rendition of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever!  It was great!

Last Monday the kiddos and I went to the park for a last minute play date with some friends from church.  This picture trips me out because there were only 3 of us and yet there were12 kids!  We discovered a tree covered with worms and the home schooler in all of us just had to turn it into a nature study!


On Tuesday we went to my friend's house for lunch.   She lives out in Bahama with her 4 kids and 40 or so chickens.  
We had such a lovely time.  The kids played in the creek, gathered eggs, picked blueberries, chowed down, and just shared a bit of home, life, and family.  PLUS, they gave us BREAKFAST: Farm Fresh Eggs and vine ripened blueberries!  YUMMY!  So glad the Lord has brought this sweet lady into my life.


 She is such a sweet blessing....AND she has a boy....Jackson's age and these two I think may have been cut from the same fabric!


Sophie is glad too.  It's Daniel's mom AND Sophie....is a total baby hog!


Last Thursday we had a little pool party with my sister-in-law and a new friend who has recently moved to the area.  On Friday the kids attended their cousins sleepover and birthday party. Earlier in the day "MY AMY" came over with her kiddos and we had a sweet visit and lunch.  It was so good to see her and the kids.  I think I appreciate our visits and time together more fully now that she is away.  Unfortunately....I only got one picture.  

I was having too much fun enjoying them!

Lets see....we've made chocolate chip cookies

 We've cleaned the house. We've done yard work. We've done laundry.....



gone for a few dips in the pool. 


Randy and I have had a date night....alone.
 It was wonderful.  

 Watched Andrew work on some basketball skills and saw him push himself further then he thought he was capable of going at his camp Intensity Night.
I was very impressed.


We also had a coffee date with some of my favorite people in the world!  I'll let you guess who :)  

We had a double date with our "dinner club" buddies.  It is our goal to eat at only places we have never been before in Durham.  We started at Bull City Burgers (a couple of the guys had been here before but most of us had not) with desert at Locopops. Really liked the fried pickles at Bull City and Locopops didn't do a lot for me....Next Dinner Club Date.....Dame's Chicken and Waffles!

Randy, the kids, and I did check out the Tasty Bakery in Hillsborough
 Randy gave it two thumbs up!

We've been shopping for clothes for an upcoming family photo.  That has been fun!!!

AND Randy has made me a happy woman!  He is taking us camping....in a tent....at Emerald Isle....for two nights!  I. CAN. NOT. WAIT!  He initiated the whole thing.  It was all his idea, which makes it even better!  I have wanted to take the whole crew camping for years....but had pretty much given up the idea.  Well.....he sure did surprise me!

I had a birthday celebration dinner with my friend, Kelly.  Her birthday was in March.  So while it may sound like we were way behind schedule.....we are actually doing GREAT celebrating in July because we usually don't celebrate until September!

Today, Andrew has Drama Camp.  While he is at camp I am hoping to find something for Audrey and I to wear in the family picture and find some "pops" of red to dabble on the rest of the crew.  Then I am gong on a BIG grocery store trip AND coming home to clean.  We have friends coming to play tomorrow and I am not ready!!!!  Tonight Sophie and I have "Girl Talk".  I think it is her favorite night of the month.  We go hang out with 7 other moms and their tweens and snack, talk, discuss biblical womanhood, learn helpful home ec skills, and just enjoy one another.  It is WONDERFUL!  While we are off gallivanting Randy is going to take Andrew to guitar and Lydia to piano.  He is a good man.

That about sums it up.  Haven't blogged much...but I sure am enjoying life!





No comments:

Post a Comment