Monday, October 15, 2012

The Van

I spend a lot of time in the "Mama Van".  Just today we rode it to the orthodontist.  We drove it to drivers ed., to the mall, to dance, to the bank.....and several other places.  It is a faithful old van.  Although only 3 doors work right now...and one is the trunk......and one is not the driver's door...... so she does have her issues, but I still say she's a keeper. Hey, she is paid for and I like that a lot!   That van has heard a lot: family secrets, fussing, fighting, singing, sharing, praying,, dreaming..... She's seen a lot.  She's been a lot of places.  She's a good van.  A lot of living has taken place in that old van.

I had the van loaded down today with my four youngest, plus Lincoln, plus Trisha Lynn (my niece).  I was taking the girls to dance class right after I dropped Lincoln off at his mom's work and picked Andrew up from drivers ed.  So we are tootling along.  When I hear Lydia ask Audrey, "So do you love Trisha more then me?"  Evidently Audrey had shared something with Trisha and not with Lydia.  Lydia's tone when she asked it was one of deep concern.  Audrey looked her in the eye and said, "no of course not.....but Trisha is our guest."  That just made my mother heart smile.  I love that my girls love each other.  That is one thing that I pray for them....that they would love each other deeply. 

I especially needed this sweet reprieve after a rainy day filled with squabbling.

So PLEASE do not think for one. single. minute.....that it is all sunshine and roses....because it. is. not.....I PROMISE!

Just today, as we rode along in Ole Faithful, Jackson shared his future dream career.  He wants to open a shop.  Oh good, I thought, an entrepreneur!  What kind of shop?  A shop for kissing girls......oh mercy!  Yes....really.  I don't know where he comes up with this stuff!

Hitting the road early tomorrow.....off to the dentist AGAIN........Jack's final treatment!!!

Happy Trails!







2 comments: