Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My Weight Update

I am on week 15 of my "program".  I have lost 37.2 pounds.  That is like 7 big bags of sugar plus a little.  I'm happy to not be lugging that around anymore!  I'm averaging a loss of 2.3 pounds a week.  I've lost two pant sizes.  I put on a pair of jeans last week that I haven't worn in a llllooonnnnnggg time.  Randy is on week 14 and he has lost 48 pounds.  MEN!!!!  So our grand total is 85.2 pounds.....That is more than a whole Sophie! 

We often talk about how stunned we are over how much we used to eat.  We ate a lot.  It is crazy the food that we put into our bodies.  Awareness has been huge for me. 

We are both still working out. I still haven't missed one workout!!!!  I have 2 times not worked out first thing in the morning.  Both times I was just exhausted.  I ended up working out later in the afternoon.  I almost didn't do it....but I realized just because I don't workout as soon as my feet hit the floor....doesn't mean that I have to count it a failure.  I still have the choice to workout....or not workout.  Each time I choose health I feel like I am dealing a blow to the sinful tendencies of my flesh.  My flesh wants to take it easy, relax, just chill.  Yet God has more for me and my desire to self medicate with food is not healthy and I'm not going to do it.  Even when I really want to!  I've changed a lot over these last few months and I must say I'm really liking the person I am becoming.  I even pack workout clothes when I go out of town.....that is just CrAzY!!!

It feels really good to have lost so much weight.  We both have a lot more to lose but it is really nice to see the scale go down.  My favorite part of it is that I can eat anything I want.  I don't have to buy anything.  I don't have to take anything.  I just have to eat sensibly and exercise.  I have french fries almost every Friday....and still average 2.3 pounds a week.  I have chocolate several days a week.....and still average 2.3 pounds a week.  I just watch my portions.  I honestly don't feel a bit deprived.  I don't feel at all like I am on a diet.  I just feel more aware and more in control of what I am putting into my body.  I write down everything I eat.  I weigh and measure my food whenever possible so I'm honest about what I'm really eating.  When I don't write it down it is really easy for me to forget!

So next month when I update I'll be getting ready to set sail on the long awaited family Disney Cruise!!!!  Hopefully I'll be 10 pounds lighter.....well honestly I really hope I am 12.8 pounds lighter cause 50 pounds just sounds REALLY good! 

Seriously though....keep praying for me cause for me it is as much a spiritual issue as a food issue.

Just keep swimming-Just keep swimming.....(my daily mantra!)
Kim



4 comments: