Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What I Love!

In honor of Valentine's Day....I thought I'd list a few things that I love.

DISCLAIMER
I'm not listing MY PEOPLE: whom I obviously adore, I'm not listing my beloved friends or family....so this is a people free list.  BUT for the RECORD PEOPLE.....including God and Jesus ARE my most FAVORITE!

With that said....I will begin:

1.  Books!  I am a recovering new book-aholic....the smell, the sound of the spine cracking....ahh makes me want to run to the bookstore.  However....with 5 kids and no money....I am learning to love the library. 


2.  My church.  Which technically breaks my disclaimer because a church is people....but I could not help myself.  I REALLY LOVE the church. (especially mine :)


3.  The sunshine.  Bright and Warm.  Longing for Spring.


4.  Homemade things.  I mean seriously....could there be a cuter hat?  Thank you Kellie!  http://coffeegal.blogspot.com/


5. Diet Coke...shhh don't tell anyone.  I AM SO MUCH better then I used to be....but it is slipping back into my life with more frequency....ugh.  It really is love hate.  I do love the caffeine and bubbles!

6.  Planning.  Especially school.  I love to research, dream, and plan for the next school year.

7.  Digging.  I'm really beginning to enjoy working in the yard (in the spring and summer)  I really like flowers.  Especially when they start from bulbs and grow....so cool!  I don't really love cutting the grass....but at least I have THE BOY who does!




8.  Pictures.....they help me remember!

9.  Blogging....it is such an awesome way for me to record thoughts, feelings, plans, activities....so one day I can remember what we did and how I felt and our life at this season.

10.  Co-op....again it's people....but I thought I might be able to slide this one in :)  

I would love to hear from you....What things do you love? What makes you smile?

5 comments:

  1. Kim~ I enjoy reading your blogs, your thoughts and experiences as you journey thru life with your sweet family!
    I LOVE...snow that piles up for days- God's way of forcing me to BE STILL!
    I LOVE...unhurried, chaos and hectic-free days... what a surprise when they show up!
    I LOVE the "ting" of a golf club hitting a golf ball before it soars thru the air...
    I LOVE the sound of the garage door going up letting me and "SIgnal" know that Jim is HOME!
    I LOVE when my "kid" is home and sleeping in the room next to mine....(ooops, people!)
    And your blog, makes me SMILE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog & seeing the pictures you post, because I love your sweet family! Also love reading Holly's blog & pictures. Love being with a good friend and sharing our thoughts and concerns. Love a good mocha latte! Love animals, sunshine, flowers & plants & working in the dirt. Love having all our kids around the table. Sweet times. Love learning about God's amazing love! Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good blog Kim! Think I put a bunch of my loves on my blog at Thanksgiving so I won't rehash, but your #3 is definitely a fav. Just sat on the porch in the sun in a warm, soft chair for about 10 minutes and it was heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate didn't even make your Top 10?? What's up with that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A favorite of mine is to see one of the young girls (ladies) who was a student at the Christian school I worked at for 25 years continue in the faith. Good work, Kim! Isn't God good?!!

    ReplyDelete