Sunday, February 13, 2011

Big News!

NO....I am NOT Pregnant!  Whenever I announce that I have an announcement that is what everyone expects it to be!

I am however VERY pleased to announce that after 8 weeks of very hard work THE GIRL has completed Level 1 of her Reading Therapy!!!!

You may be asking...."So?  What does that mean?"
Well thank you for asking.....It means she now has enough Phonemic Awareness skills (ability to hear the sounds) to become an excellent reader and speller!  YIPEEE!!!!




I know.....big deal.....everyone learns to read.  Perhaps.....but it IS a big deal.....because I can assure you not everyone has had to work as hard as this sweet girl to learn to read.   AND NO she still can't read and should still not be asked to read.....but now at least she can hear every sound she needs to be able to read.  AND I AM SO PROUD OF HER!!!!!  LOVE MY GIRL!  EVERYTHING with language has been a struggle for her....from speech, to hearing sounds, to articulating her feelings, to writing, to reading, and to see the pride on her face when she finished the first set of lessons was PRICELESS!


WARNING COMMERCIAL
If you are interested in the system we are using (I've had several questions about it)
It is The Barton Reading and Spelling System which is an Orton-Gillingham Influenced Simultaneously Multisensory Explicit and Systematic Phonics Program

So tomorrow we start Level 2: Consonants and Short Vowels!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm proud of my good friend Sophie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Sophie! (and Kim...know it hasn't been easy for you either!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Proud of you Sophie! You've worked hard and it's going to be a wonderful adventure as you continue! Good work Sophie & Kim. Proud of you both!!

    ReplyDelete