Friday, December 17, 2010

An English Tea!


One of my most favorite times of the Season took place today....in Saxapaw, NC!  I never even knew this little nook in NC existed....until about 4 years ago when I met Emma!
Emma is THE Hostess with the Mostess!  She is one of the Co-op Moms!  She has a daughter in high school, a son in middle school, and a son in preschool.  Who my TWINKIE GIRL insists is her boyfriend!  She drives about 45 minutes every week to participate in our co-op AND hosts a tea party each December for the Co-op moms. 
AND GUESS WHAT!!!!!  SHE'S ENGLISH!!!! 
You should hear her talk!  She was a ballerina AND went to boarding school.....I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turns out she's a real princess! 
WHAT A BLESSING SHE HAS BEEN TO OUR CO-OP and to my family. 
I LOVE HER!!!!

This lady knows how to host a tea!


She has a BIG table that fits all 13 of us!

SHE MAKES ALL THE FOOD AND WE JUST COME AND ENJOY!

She is working hard at teaching us to be proper!  We learned today it is proper to start with the savory food and then eat the sweets on the second course!

You would not believe the amount of China and tea pots Mrs. Emma has!  It is beautiful.
AND
Emma has an eye for details when it comes to decorations:


She even decorates her husband's deer for the occasion!


She really has the gift of hospitality!
This is one of the absolute highlights of my year.
This year almost all of us made it to the tea.  We were missing our precious Emiko!  She was roughing it in the Caribbean with her husband-so don't feel too bad for her!


Now I'd like to take a moment and introduce you to a few of my friends:

This is Lisa.  She has 4 kids. 2 are in collage  and 2 are still at Co-op.  She is one of the Co-op founders and she is AMAZING.  Mrs. Lisa teaches a lot of the high school science classes.  She came bearing gifts for all!

This is Loreen (on the left with HER BABY....MY BABIES BUDDY) she is Mom to 3 sweet girls and 1 great boy.  Her kids ages are comparable to my younger kids.  She is one of the newer mom's to Co-op and is our Middle and Elementary School Spanish Teacher.  AND Mrs. Marci.  She has 2 boys and a girl.  Her kids are in middle school and high school.  She has been in the co-op many years (7 maybe?)  She is a dear friend.  She was my Co-op hookup!  For that I will be forever grateful!

This is Mrs. Pattye.  She has 2 great kids.  Her son is in elementary and her daughter is in middle school.  Mrs. Pattye is teaching Science to the elementary kids and the middle school kids this year.  She is on year 2 of Co-op and I am sooooo glad that she has become a part!  What a wonderful addition!

Here is Mrs. Tracy.  She is the newest addition to Co-op.  She is momto7!  Her children range from grown to about age 7.  She is one busy lady.  BUT so down to earth and laid back.  I am enjoying getting to know her and she was the catalyst behind the cookie exchange we did this year!

This is Linda.  Linda has 5 kids.  Her oldest is in college and she has 2 in high school.  1 in middle school. and 1 in elementary.  She is the bomb.com (I got that from Rae :)  She is so neat. I really like her.  She too is one of the Co-op founders.  In her free time she teaches piano lessons too!  She was very happy that I took her picture!  She teaches elementary science and usually does a Bible Class and pretty much will help out wherever she is needed.  A TEAM PLAYER.  Her husband is THE BOY's guitar teacher and her youngest daughter is one of THE GIRLS BEST FRIENDS.  LOVE THIS FAMILY!!!

This is Amy.  She is the 3rd and final of the Co-op founders.  She has 4 children.  2 of whom are off at college.  She also has 2 highschoolers.  She is AMAZING and BUSY!  She teaches high school Spanish and high school English classes.  She is a graduate from Duke University!  (pretty impressive!)  I really like Amy and I don't get to see her much because we are different ends of the spectrum...but I always look forward to seeing her at the tea.

NOW I don't have pictures of all the Ladies so I only got to introduce a few....but hopefully by the end of the Co-op year I can introduce you to all my Co-op Girls.  These are some of the most wonderful ladies I know.  I treasure each of them.  And they are the reason I enjoy our Christmas Tea so much.

So where are all our kids?

They are there too....We just ban them from the tea room!  The older girls chat and visit and help out with the younguns!

The younger kids destroy Emma's basement and run wild in the backyard.



The older boys were there too.  I just didn't get a picture because they were out in the woods shooting each other with air soft guns and when they finished that they ran past the woods to a field and played football.  THOSE BOYS were a smelly, muddy, smiling mess by the end of the day!

We made it back to our neck of the woods and unloaded the van and opened all our goodies and called it a day!  Not only do I get a yummy tea/lunch prepared and served on beautiful China, and to hang out with some of the most precious people this side of heaven,  and thanks to Tracy a freezer full of cookies!  I even got presents!






 Two are better than one,
   because they have a good return for their labor:
If either of them falls down,
   one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
   and has no one to help them up.
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
   But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
   two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

I think of these verses from Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 when I think of our Co-op.  We work together.  These ladies really labor with me in educating my children.  They really help.  They really care.  They really come to my aid.  I LOVE each of them and thank the Lord he has brought us together.




No comments:

Post a Comment