Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It was ONE of THOSE days!

Where do I even begin?  What a day!  It began early....Randy was headed out of town with his boss so I was a little stressed to begin with....and then...as I walked him to the door and kissed him goodbye....he said...Honey...I hate to tell you this and I have to leave but you have a flat tire!

YEP....I did.  A flat tire isn't a huge deal except...Randy had to leave for his meeting.  He wouldn't be back until late Wednesday.  His parent's who live nearby were out of town.  My sister was at work.  I have 5 kids most of whom are young and can't stay home unattended and we don't really fit in most peoples cars....

What to do?

Call Daddy!  Daddy came right to my rescue and with quite a bit of maneuvering he got me to the mechanic and had me set up and delivered us all back home safely....

THEN THE MECHANIC CALLED.....
There was evidently a bit more work needed and they thought it would cost $1,000.....
Randy said NO THANK YOU....

So......a few phone calls later, some tough negotiating on my part, and another rescue...this time by Randy's sweet sister Rhonda....and we were off to a new mechanic....and my sweet in-laws who were out of town told me to go in and get a key and take their Expedition to drive while my car was in the shop! 
How blessed am I?

Now I'm holding my breath and praying this mechanics estimate comes back much lower!
We expect to hear in the morning.....ugh.....I really don't like messing with car issues! 

So my man is in Atlanta :(, my car is in the shop, and evidently it is going to cost a small fortune to get it back....UGH.....we did not get all of our school done, and of course as always....my house is not looking the way I wish it looked and the laundry pile is there again!  What's the deal with that?

HOWEVER.....
My sweet husband has a job....PRAISE THE LORD!  My Dad, and Mom, and Sister-in-law, and Mother and Father in-law ALL helped me and blessed me today....THANK YOU!  I have 5 beautiful, healthy kids who got to see first hand about blessing people today.  My Mama took THE GIRL today and invested in her life, which ALWAYS blesses me.  My BOY got to see me stand firm, but not lose my temper, and negotiate with a mechanic that wanted me to pay $100 for diagnosing what was wrong with my car and he got to see that you can be firm, not sin, and still stand up for yourself.  So all was not lost.....(I didn't pay the $100)
I got to visit with my sweet neighbor and we treated ourselves and our kids to dinner out which was a real treat.
And my Mama even surprised me this afternoon with a container of my favorite chocolate/strawberry tea and a pretty pumpkin dish towel and a cute fall notepad.  She spoils me!

I LOVE my Mama, My husband, My kids, My In-laws, My Daddy, My Neighbors......I am one blessed lady.  We all have THOSE DAYS but God gives us people to get us through!
Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds.....Maybe a clean house????   DOUBTFUL :)
Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. What a day! You bless me by seeing your blessings! I can learn a lot from you sweet girl! Love you!

    ReplyDelete