Saturday, October 16, 2010

An Apple A Day

We've had an uneventful week at our house.  Which is always a blessing!  We've been enjoying fall and the preschoolers and I have been doing a unit on apples!  We've made apple crowns, sorted apples by size and color.  Made apple patterns.  Painted using apple stamps, "planted" an apple orchard in the sandbox.....made apple pie.....it's been all about the apple. We've written about apples, sung about apples, and read about apples....I love fall and to end our unit on apples I am planning to made a yummy apple caramel cake tonight with my little apple jacks!


Making our apple crowns in an A-B pattern.

Picking "apples" from a tree and sorting them by color.

Practicing our "reading" with facts about apples.

Sorting apples by size.

It's been a nice peaceful day at our house.  I spent the morning cleaning the downstairs...and it looks good (so ya'll hurry over in the next half hour before it's a mess again!) and Randy took the kids to a birthday party.  When they got back from the party I took THE GIRL and THE TWINKIES to sign up for basketball (the GIRL and TWINKIE BOY) and cheerleading (TWINKIE GIRL).  This will be a first for all of them with organized sports and they are very excited!  We got home and the kids are in roomtime and Randy is snoring-LOUDLY beside me and all is well.  I realized I never posted any pictures from our beach weekend with Randy's family.  Part of the reason is because my camera broke....so by the time I replaced it the trip was winding down.  I only got a few photos and none were at the beach.  I got my new camera on our last night there.  We did have a good time though and I will post the few pics I have:


We were suited up and heading down for our last night of swimming!  We had so much fun at the indoor pool/water slides!



Daddy and Twinkie Girl and The Baby taking a relaxing dip in the hot tub....





All the kids had movie night with Pepa.  Benji + PJ's + Popcorn=FUN

Don't let all the smiling happy faces fool you....they were crazy whiny the whole way home from the beach they were just putting on for the camera!

Well roomtime is almost over and we get to go to a sweet Crabtree Cousin Birthday shortly so I better gear up!  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Love,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Wow. My preschool is SO lame compared to yours. I only do stuff that requires no preparation. I need to get on the ball!! So enjoyed having y'all here for the party!!

    ReplyDelete