Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Great Weight Update

So I haven't been updating on my weight lately....because there is nothing to update.  I am STUCK.  Counting calories.  Weighing once a week.  Running and Ellipical-ing and going to Weight Watchers.  Nothing was happening.  I've lost 90 pounds....and can't seem to loose any more. 

So I decided at Thanksgiving I was taking off the rest of the year.  I needed a break.  So I have been much more relaxed on my eating and exercise.  I have still weighed once a week and my weight hasn't really changed.  Maybe a pound or two in either direction but still hovering at the 90 pound mark. 

The year is over and a new one has started and I like the rest of America am ready to get serious about my health and getting in shape.  Summertime is coming.  However....my real goal is to be healthier.  So.....this is what I am doing, and this is still in process so there may be changes:

1.  Eliminating artificial sweeteners.  I've committed to a month.  I hope that after a month without I will be willing to go longer.  This is HARD for me.  I have 2 in my tea each morning.  I have 2 in my oatmeal each morning.  I average 2 diet sodas a day.  I have it in my crystal light regularly.  No artificial sweeteners is scary.  I really am addicted.  So that is not good.

2.  Reading a book my sister, who has lost about 100 pounds through diet and exercise, recommended to me.  It is called It Starts with Food.  I read the first two chapters last night.  It is very interesting.  Its about eating healthy foods.

3.  Do more strength training exercises.  I am a bit of a cardio junkie and I am trying to be not so one dimensional.  My new hairstylist, Kary, who I LOVE (thank you Julia and Kelly!!!) was so encouraging in the area. 

My sissy, Stacy, says she pretty much guarantees if I eat clean for a month I can lose those last 20 pounds.  Please be right Stacy!  She does guarantee I will feel better.

So today has been like this:
3 eggs with sweet potatoes and onion sauteed in olive oil with salt, pepper, onion powder.  Great recipe Stacy.  I'm going to need some more ideas so keep them coming!  I also had one apple.  1 cup of black coffee.  Water.  2 ibuprofen (I'm sick), thyroid pill, and a multi vitamin.

I worked out with dumbbells, using some stuff I found on Pinterest: did biceps, triceps, shoulders, and back.  My arms are already tired and I only did 5 pound weights with one set of 12 reps for each of the exercises.  There were probably 6-8 different exercises for each body group.

For lunch I had:
Spaghetti squash with butter salt and pepper, roasted vegetables with olive oil, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and beef brisket both of which were left over from dad's birthday celebration last night. 


I am having a hard time not weighing or measuring my food.  I have a big appetite. I can't believe I can eat this much a lose weight. So.....I'm hoping Stacy is right!

I also had a bowl of ice cream.  It was the all natural 5 ingredient kind that you can recognize the ingredients name.  It may be illegal....I haven't finished the book yet....but it was good!

So far I am okay.  I have defintely wanted to grab a soda, but no headaches yet.  I'm going to put up my feet and do a little more reading and try to figure out what exactly I can eat. 

So I am mixing things up a bit and hoping to finish what I have started.  I am tired of being stuck and I am anxious to learn more about healthy choices and not simply count calories.  I am going to keep running and I am going to keep weighing once a week. I will keep blogging. I will keep drinking hot tea.  However, I think I may quit weight watchers.  I am nervous though!

I am also still AMAZED at how far the Lord has brought me on the issues of discipline and self-control and idols.....still a long way to go....thankful for the journey!

I hope 2014 will bring as many wonderful changes as 2013 did! 

Still swimming slowly,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment