Monday, December 16, 2013

The Stewart's

I haven't done a weekly update in a while so here we go:
We recently started a little home renovation project.  Sophie's bedroom used to be a bonus room.  However we closed a cutout in the wall and added a closet to make it into a bedroom a few years ago.  Andrew's room is a walk-in attic that we finished the same time we did Sophie's room.  However, to get to Andrew's room you had to walk through Sophie's room. 

The older the kids got the more of an issue this has become.  Especially when they want to have sleepovers.  So....we are "building a bridge".  It consist of making a bridge from the existing stairs over to the wall....where we are cutting out a door into Andrew's room and sheetrocking the existing opening between their rooms shut. 

I love it! 



While all the workers are here we went ahead and had them rip out some built in desks, that we never used,


and add a bookshelf. 

I am so happy with these changes.  They are still in process and while we have hoped to have it done in time for Christmas we may be held up waiting for paint.  We will find out this week!  Hopeful!

Randy also took a QUICK road trip to Pennsylvania to pick up a new car.  The Mama Van had bit the dust, and Randy had been diligently searching for a good deal, on a used, 8-passenger vehicle, with low mileage.  He found it!  Only problem....it was in Pennsylvania!  His dad graciously made the road trip with him to share the driving load.  The kids had so much going on I couldn't get away.  They both agreed the trip home was much better then the trip there!  We are all enjoying the new (it used...but new to us!) ride!


We also had Andrew's heart checkup this week.  He has been a patient at Duke since he was 3 for an irregular heartbeat, that originates from an unusual place in his heart.  About 40% of his beats were unusual so although it has never caused him problems they have followed him.  I got so emotional this time, just remembering when we first brought him there.  How scared he was and how scared I was.  I remember the grandparents and daddy all showing up that first time.  Whew.  I snapped a picture last week of my BIG HEALTHY boy on that same table he was on 12 YEARS ago!  This time he didn't even cry and the best news of all.....he had NO IRREGULAR beats for the second visit in a row.  So he has been released from care with a clean bill of health.  PRAISE THE LORD!!!!
 


We've been to lots of basketball games and basketball practices.  Some piano, guitar, and dance lessons. 

We've had lots of Christmas fun:
A Christmas Party with some of our buddies!
 
Complete with presents!
I love my new teacups!
 
 


A ladies Christmas Event at Church to help prepare our hearts for the season.  Loved seeing all the decorations and the blessing of songs and talents being shared but my favorite was visiting with my friends.

Jackson had a slumber party with one of his best friends.  He still hasn't stopped smiling from all his adventures on The Curl Farm.

Lydia and Audrey went to an American Girl Christmas Tea with a sweet friend from church.


Randy and I went to the FBC Deacon Christmas Party and were treated to an absolutely delicious meal prepared by one of the Deacon's. 

He is an amazing cook: Homemade Pumpkin rolls, Wedge salad, Pork Tenderloin with Holendase Sauce, Meatloaf wrapped in bacon, Sweet Potato Casserole, Roasted Vegetables and for desert: Apple Pie, Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake with Maple Frosting, or a Homemade Oreo Cheesecake. 

YUM!  The fellowship was so sweet and encouraging.  I enjoyed getting to know people better.


It has been a busy, full, fun week!

My favorite moments were both Sophie moments.
Early one morning last week she was making eggs for herself when Andrew stumbled in and asked if she would make him an omelet.....and she said yes!

I love when they surprise me with their  kindness to one another!

And my VERY favorite was last night at home fellowship....she raised her hand to read a verse.  Her daddy didn't see her and started reading before she could be called on....but be still my beating heart.  I almost evaporated into a puddle of tears right there.  JOY!

Kim

1 comment:

  1. love your updates, your fam, and your tea cups! perhaps I should bring you some of my favorite European tea when we return!?

    ReplyDelete