Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tastey Tuesday

So today I've been hanging out here at the house.  Doing a bunch of thinking.  Asking myself a bunch of questions.  Wishing I had some answers.  Feeling in limbo. 

So.....I started cooking.

I made a big ole dinner for the family.  I don't usually make such fancy dinners....but we are nearing grocery shopping day and I started trying to use up some things....and the kids were outside playing so nicely with the neighbors....that I just kept on cooking.

So for dinner we are having: meatloaf, deviled eggs, sauted squash and onions, sweet tea, green beans, and homemade Giant Cherry White Chocolate Chip Cookies....YUMMY.  I love cooking on days like this. 

As I cooked I started wishing I had new dinner ideas and new cookie recipes.  So I thought I'd share the cookie recipe I stole of My Life on the Taffy Pull blog http://mylifeonataffypull.blogspot.com/ and hope that in the comment section I could get some new cookie recipes or dinner ideas.....nothing fancy please....just regular, easy, yummy ideas :)

1 cup butter-softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. apple pie spice (or 1/2 tsp. cin., 1/2 tsp. all spice & 1/4 tsp. nutmeg)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups dried cherries-chopped
1 bag of white chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars, add eggs and vanilla. Add next 6 ingredients, mixing well. Stir in cherries and white chocolate chips. Drop by great big spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 9-12 minutes. Let cookies rest on sheet of a minute after removing from oven, transfer to a wire wrack.

Thanks. 
Happy Tuesday!
Kim

3 comments:

  1. Those cookies sound delicious!

    These are my most favorite oatmeal raisin cookies. :)...
    Ingredients

    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
    1 cup packed light brown sugar
    1/2 cup white sugar
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    3 cups rolled oats
    1 cup raisins

    Directions

    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Stir in the oats and raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
    3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light and golden. Do not over bake. Let them cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets to cool completely. Store in airtight container. Make sure you get some, because they don't last long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister directed me to a blog called "Joy in my kitchen" (blogspot.com I believe) that has lots of step by step ideas, with pictures along the way so you know if you're doing it right.

    Want to hear more about your questions and thoughts and limbo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Those sound delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I will definitely have to try making those :)

    ReplyDelete